Author Topic: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?  (Read 68570 times)

Offline drew666

• Learning the way of Sly
  • living life with no hair
Re: Proud to be bald: but if you could have all of your hair back?
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »
even if i had hair again i would have it really short shaved so makes no difference to me, i am what i am as they say

Offline ShavenHaven

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2013, 10:02:55 AM »
If I could be given a good hairline, if there was a reasonable way of doing it, I would.

I like being shaved down to a 1 now, I just don't really have any other good options as it looks really bad grown out.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2013, 01:39:36 PM »
Absolutely not. O:O

I shaved my head for the first time, not because of any kind of MPB or hairloss issues. I had red, curly hair halfway down my back and had for several years. No thin spots, no creeping hairline, nothing. But I did notice that grandad had a badly receding hairline, and my dad had a bald spot, so it might be coming for me anytime.

I never liked the way my curly hair looked unless it was long enough to ponytail. So, I wondered what I'd look like with a shaved head, and I could always grow it back if I hated it. So I donated my hair to locks of love, then went home and BICed it clean. That was in 1998 or 99.

Since then I have grown my hair out two or three times, but I never keep it for long and I always end up going back to shaving clean. Sly has been my look for the vast majority of the last 15 years or so. So much so that everyone I know has the bald me as the default in their minds. They notice when/if I have any hair and it looks weird to them.

Also I have a moderate case of Psoriasis that manifests as sores on the back of my head and neck between my ears. It gets worse the more hair I have and shaving has been the safest, fastest, cheapest, easiest, best looking way to control my Psoriasis and my self esteem.

Even if I could cure my Psoriasis outright, I'd prefer to shave my head. And so would my Wife  O0
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Repent34

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Recent photo taken with iMac.
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
I'm BBC but a lot of the time I'd rather I was BBN.  Need to shave again today.  I love the BBS feeling and so does the wife.  Didn't take her long   :D

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »
I am happy being bald and most of all being sly.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
I am happy being bald and bearded now.  However i really did love my hair!  In my late teens and early 20's, when I was big into heavy metal, I grew it out and it was long and thick, I do miss that hair.  Then as I got older I got into the 50's looks and wore my hair in a Pompadour...that tool a lot of time and I do miss that too. 

Grew it out again a few years back just because but it was considerably thinner then when it was long when I was younger.  Cut it short and wore it as a cross between spikey and pompadour before a lady friend who I was dating suggested a buzz it.  Did that for a year and got a positive reaction from it.  Now a year since buzzing it, I'm shaving completely bald and am not turning back!

Here's a pic of my progression to sly and bald.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »
Hmmm... normally I would say now.

I do miss the trip to the barbershop, on occasion.

And I do very much like the new HIP hairstyles, shaved sides, tapered with LONG top... accented with a HUGE beard. Now THAT is awesome.

But I am good with what I have.

Steve

Offline sheffdave

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »
I had every trendy hairstyle there was to be had when younger and looked at bald/balding men and worried what would happen to my hair as I grew older.
Now Im 49 and losing it fast I dont care and dont want it back. Thanks to this forum I'm enjoying the bald/shiny look and couldnt be happier.Instead of worrying about my bald patches I now worry if my head is shiny enough !

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
I would be happy either way.   But instead mother nature has insisted that I am only allowed hair on about a 3rd of my head.   So sly I shall be, and happy about it.

Offline dadamod

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
If I had all my hair back I would shave it all.

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »
No, I wish the remaining hair would not grow back. So many guys worry about hair loss but it is really almost  impossible to get rid of it is like weeds growing on my head.

Someone should make a product like Round-up for the head.
shine and share

bald Luck14

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »
I'd never wish to have my hair back. I love being sly and can't imagine myself any other way. 

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
well right now i still have my full head of hair and its annoying as hell i will buzz it all off this weekend i have a hair cut that requires me to use product and comb it so right now I will be happy to be sly

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
If there was something that worked with no sides I'd be all over it

Offline baldbob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
No way would I go back. Like others on this discussion, I'm looking forward to having to shave less hair. I'm between a Norwood 5 & 6 and am looking forward to reaching 7. There's not a thing I don't love about being a bald guy.

Enter your email address: