Author Topic: Skinhead?!  (Read 22009 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Skinhead?!
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »
Haven't EVER gotten that...i thought i would get it early on it the 90's...but even then didn't.

Now, maybe if i wore a bomber jacket, suspenders and some Doc Martens...but never do.

haha! BA, you would look awesome in suspenders!!  ;)
(the english version  >:D)

Ok, i'll be sure to wear them when we have the " Over the Pond sly convention" in your local brew pub! ;)

I'm gonna hold you to that....  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

BALDANDRE

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2007, 03:53:04 PM »
Haven't EVER gotten that...i thought i would get it early on it the 90's...but even then didn't.

Now, maybe if i wore a bomber jacket, suspenders and some Doc Martens...but never do.

haha! BA, you would look awesome in suspenders!!  ;)
(the english version  >:D)

Ok, i'll be sure to wear them when we have the " Over the Pond sly convention" in your local brew pub! ;)

I'm gonna hold you to that....  ;)

As long as I've already had a couple ( well, maybe 3 or 4) black and tan pints!! ;)

Aww, haven't heard from ya in a while...almost time to go for the day...dont cha' know it's all our "big day" off celebrating tomorrow...

ok, just alot of drunken idiots lighting fireworks and blowin' their hands off...real fun, eh?

Always nice to see ya though! O0

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 03:55:22 PM »
aaaw thankyou sweetie!
yeah, damn, forgot it's the fourth of July....

Hope y'all have a great one  :@` :-*
(I know I will with that vision of you!! haha!)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Bald_freak

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »
Sorry everyone! I did not realize I set off a fire storm! I am not familiar with this site and its more's I have no political or any other agenda!  I will never again express a political opinion on this forum! What is missing from this thread is a private exchange and reconciliation of a misunderstanding between my self  and another member regarding this same thread which may have set ithe controversy off unwittingly . I can only express my apologies to the group. I am not here to create strife. I am a good guy, widely read, well traveled, and knowledgeable about many things, some practical, some more esoteric.  I have much to contribute  Please forgive me. I am not the enemy

Tyler has created a great site here. This site isn't ment for arguing politics or religion. There are plenty of forums out there that'll cater to your ideology. I also may have beliefs that don't match the status Quo, but I'm not gonna come in here and insult Ty by causing strife amongst the members by sharing them. The common bond here is lack of hair follicles not being left or right winged, xtian or atheist.

....Oh, please no more talk of genital shaving. There are other forums for that also.

...and to answer the original Q: yes. I have been asked that before. My response to people is "No, I hate stupid people of any color. Including my own"

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 06:22:32 AM »
Lance offered to shave his gentials in exchange for peace, if that is not one of the most original olive branches than I dont know what is. :*))

Answer, Yes. When my Uncle first saw me with a slick bald head he straight up told me " You look like one of those skin headed nazi guys who always hang out down near the dock wharves and drink their liquor bottles".

He is a sheltered soul.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:25:15 AM by JDog »

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »

Answer, Yes. When my Uncle first saw me with a slick bald head he straight up told me " You look like one of those skin headed nazi guys who always hang out down near the dock wharves and drink their liquor bottles".

He is a sheltered soul.

Well, .... now he comes to mention it!  You do look a bit like .... aaw ....

maybe it's just the Ben Sherman shirt & stay press trousers!

Only kidding JD   (Now where's that old ska album I was gonna play?)   O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

jusbnme

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2007, 07:27:36 AM »
Lance offered to shave his gentials in exchange for peace, if that is not one of the most original olive branches than I dont know what is. :*))

Thanks bro.  At least you got it.  I figured everyone would have gotten the "reason" I mentioned that.   O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »
Well, .... now he comes to mention it!  You do look a bit like .... aaw ....

maybe it's just the Ben Sherman shirt & stay press trousers!

Only kidding JD   (Now where's that old ska album I was gonna play?)   O0

Yup , that was one of the reasons I really hesitated and felt uncomfortable shaving my head way back in my "No Doubt days"...lot's of skinheads hangin' around the ska scene...and at that time 89-91 they were the few that had bald heads...and plaid shirt's like our pal Jdog!....just kiddin' bro ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:48:19 AM by BALDANDRE »

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2007, 02:06:41 AM »
Yeah that plaid shirt is a bit much isnt it.

I got it in Mexico for 2dollars.

Fake Polo Lauren.Very Nice.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2007, 09:14:55 AM »
Yeah that plaid shirt is a bit much isnt it.

I got it in Mexico for 2dollars.

Fake Polo Lauren.Very Nice.

No way dude, the plaid shirt is fine...got some myself...just once the skinhead ska refeernce was thrown out, i totally got an image of you in the mosh pit at one of the gigs i went to in the early days! O0

Fun times...and btw I don't think you look like a skinhead, I could just imagine it! ;)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »
Andre werent the late 80's early 90s a great time to be alive? What with the ska music and baseball and music. I wish we could take a time machine back to it. O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »
Andre werent the late 80's early 90s a great time to be alive? What with the ska music and baseball and music. I wish we could take a time machine back to it. O0

Dude are you kidding...i was fortunately smack dab in the middle of some of it...

I had some pretty cool college time friends with great times and great memeories...recognize the people I'm with?

Very cool time!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2007, 10:00:30 AM »

Dude are you kidding...i was fortunately smack dab in the middle of some of it...

I had some pretty cool college time friends with great times and great memeories...recognize the people I'm with?

Very cool time!

Dude I do recognize the Indian dude from No Doubt and you on the far right but is that No Doubt??!! What year was that pic taken?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »

Very cool time!

Dude I do recognize the Indian dude from No Doubt and you on the far right but is that No Doubt??!! What year was that pic taken?

Yea, that's Tony Kanal, Adrian Young, Eric Stefani and of course, Gwen, yea she looks a little different now...

That was 89, I think?! It was the first time I shaved my head bald...I was a little embarrassed actually in that shot, i guess because there were a lot of "skins" in the scene at the time...

different time and place!

KALBO

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2007, 08:05:04 AM »
It happened to me yesterday in my college class.  A classmate was conducting a lecture on sign language and asked for some volunteers.  She had 4 signs for us to do and she assigned me the letter B.  Since my grandmother had taught me sign language, I already knew it and proudly outstretched my hand...a little too proudly.  It appeared I was giving something close to a nazi salute...needless to say, she had fun with me and the class after that.  They all checked to see if I had Doc Martens on. :*))