Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 33629 times)

Offline ElecEngineer

• Sly Jr.
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
For anyone having an issue with typing on the touchscreen phones, there are stylus out there, both Best Buy and Staples has them that should help out

Offline Kevets

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 09:18:57 AM »
...or use the voice recognition.    You learn how to speak quicker than you might think.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »
...or use the voice recognition.    You learn how to speak quicker than you might think.
My typing is becoming better very quickly & now I've got to set up the "learn" feature to customize voice recognition.  These phones are fantastic--originally, although I needed a new phone, I was wondering if I'd "over bought."  At nearly two weeks I'm totally addicted to the Razr--and the BB sits on the desk.  The BB is a company phone but everything is now forwarded to my Razr--so much better.

Offline Kevets

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
If you're not scared of them, the current run of handsets (no longer phones, as such) can be quite useful.  I run two businesses from mine and am able to do everything from KVM into servers for remote control to real-time video support to simple navigation.   I'm an early adopter and have become a small bit dependent on it.

You could also try a slider keyboard like Swype or Slide-It.  They can be more accurate at times and are actively learning all the time.  Regardless of input method, Tapatalk can be an addictive piece of software if you're into active forums.

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »
Tapatalk works great for me. Worth the $.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
Can any tapatalk users upload some pics of what SBG looks like on it? I'm considering the app.

Tapatalk is worth the money simply because the single purchase works on all Tapatalk-enabled sites.  Apologies to the three guys in the screenshot who will forever have their posts at the forefront of an unrelated topic.

Thanks for the screen shot. Based on that and the rave reviews, I may just have to download it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Kevets

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
If you're an active forum user, it's worth it.  Most people have paid for dumber things.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
If you're an active forum user, it's worth it.  Most people have paid for dumber things.
Less than three bucks--not an expense to get your shorts twisted about!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
  I guess the next step would be for all you guys to move in together .   :D  ::)   >:D

Offline Kevets

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
I have no spare rooms.     :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 09:29:37 PM »
I downloaded the app to my Kindle Fire today. Probably should have downloaded it to my phone instead. I'm not sure I like it. The layout will take some getting used to.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
I'll think about it when I finally get an iphone, for now I have enough trouble trying to get used to my Kindle Fire, sheesh!
Any pointers Razor?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »
I'll think about it when I finally get an iphone, for now I have enough trouble trying to get used to my Kindle Fire, sheesh!
Any pointers Razor?

Just practice. I got one for my dad for Christmas and he's been struggling with it, too but I think he's finally getting the hang of it.

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
Works good on my iPad but issues on my new iPhone.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
This is my first post with
Tapatalk.  I got it for my Touch rather than my Blackberry at this point, but will probably put it on my phone when I upgrade it in the near future.  Thanks for bringing this app to our attention PigPen!

No problem Arnie! Quite valuable I think. I use it on three forums including this one.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: