Various Non-Bald Discussions > Autos,Toys and Hobbies

motorcycles!

<< < (2/11) > >>

Mikekoz13:
I learned to ride when I was about 12 years old. My first bike was a 1982 Yamaha 400 Maxim. I moved up to a 1982 Yamaha Virago a few months later. I stopped riding for about 6 years and then bought a used 1986 Yamamha 920 Virago in Spring 1994. About 4 months later I sold the Virago and bought a brand new 1994 Harley Fatboy. Sold it about 15 months later after almost getting killed by cars twice in one week.
Thought I'd buy another bike a year later. Then I met an amazing woman, got married and had a couple of great kids. Bikes went on the back burner for about 13 years. Then in 2009 I bought a 2009 Harley Road King brand new. I LOVED it but it wasn't good for long rides with the wife. In November of 2010 I traded the King for a 2011 Harley Ultra Limited.... truly a Cadillac of Bikes.

The Ultra Limited is my current ride.... 9000 miles this past year.... I love that Bike.

Mikekoz13:

--- Quote from: saintc on December 08, 2011, 08:18:23 PM ---And though he'd never tell you, Mikekoz13 is a great advisor on getting back on bikes after you've left the real world for a while--thanks again Buddy! C#)P

--- End quote ---

Thanks Paul....... I'm still up for planning that North Carolina BBQ bike trip whenever you are ready.

DanvMan:
Always nice to see what other people ride around the world, im from the UK so getting to sturgis would definatly be something to remember!

Wish i knew people to go riding with but i do enjoy it just as much on my own.

I remember one day on the way back from work a huge group of riders caught me up, must have been going on there own cruise, the bikes were massive and easily passed me, felt really awesome just riding next to them for tgat short while as there must have easily been 30 of them or more!

heres a pic of me and my little lad on my bike, get em started young lol!:

oldbaldguy:
2004 Sportster Brilliant Silver, Blue Pinstripes, Screamin Eagles

BillOnBass:
I've been looking into buying my first motorcycle at some point in the future.  After having done some research for an optimal beginner's bike, I've found what looks to be a great choice: the Yamaha Virago 250.  I'm just concerned about how well I'll fit on the bike; would someone that's 6'3" and 210 pounds be comfortable on a bike this size?

Also, what should I be doing about applying for a license and preparing for the test?  What are some things I should be looking for when test driving a bike?

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version