Author Topic: Strange foods you like  (Read 21337 times)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
Re: Strange foods you like
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:07 PM »
Thats disgusting too, as is (IMO) crab.

I would be safe in assuming that sushi would be right out then, too?
MikeC

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

Eww.

I dont eat any type of seafood, so sushi is definitely off the list. Eww.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 08:59:47 PM »

Got it in one.   ^-^

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
Mmmm, what a lovely dinner... a nice plate of raw fish and then a couple of mouthfuls of beaver.

*X man pukey smiley*

Give me a plate of macaroni & cheese Kraft Dinner any day. I'll take my chances with the chemicals.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »
Mmmm, what a lovely dinner... a nice plate of raw fish and then a couple of mouthfuls of beaver.

*X man pukey smiley*

That's not a meal, it's bait.    !*u%e

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
Yup. Well I think I'll be avoiding Louisiana for a while, I dont think my stomach could take it :o

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
I had some Sushi on Sunday and it was GREAT!!

Offline MikeM

• Sly
  • With two ears and 50 pounds of kid.
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2011, 06:31:17 AM »
You'll have to avoid parts of Canada too, as they host the World's Largest Beaver Dam! Visible From Space!

http://news.discovery.com/animals/beaver-dam-canada-space.html

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 06:46:17 AM »
But I dont get the whole thing about eating beaver. I realize LA isnt the wealthiest state in the US, but even for the most financially deprived, I'd have thought Hamburger Helper would be preferable to eating beaver. EWW x 500.
I don't think many people actually eat nutria on anything like a regular basis.  Hamburger Helper--look at the ingredients on the package--lots of industrial chemical sounding stuff, yuck. 

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
You'll have to avoid parts of Canada too, as they host the World's Largest Beaver Dam! Visible From Space!

http://news.discovery.com/animals/beaver-dam-canada-space.html

Its not beaver itself I would avoid, because you can find beaver anywhere and everywhere. Its eating them that makes me want to upchuck, hence avoiding Louisiana rather than Canada.

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2011, 06:53:19 AM »
But I dont get the whole thing about eating beaver. I realize LA isnt the wealthiest state in the US, but even for the most financially deprived, I'd have thought Hamburger Helper would be preferable to eating beaver. EWW x 500.
I don't think many people actually eat nutria on anything like a regular basis.  Hamburger Helper--look at the ingredients on the package--lots of industrial chemical sounding stuff, yuck. 

Yeah but I'd rather swallow a chemical factory than a rat. Eww. So far, I cant say you're painting a very pretty picture of Louisiana's cuisine scene. Eww.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »
Its not beaver itself I would avoid, because you can find beaver anywhere and everywhere. Its eating them that makes me want to upchuck, hence avoiding Louisiana rather than Canada.
The "Cajuns" are from Canada, the Acadians who came after being expelled from Canada by the British.  They joined other French who came directly to Louisiana and Spanish colonialists and are generally referred to by the Spanish term, creole or criollohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criollo_people--a person of European descent born in the colonies and hence ineligible under colonial rule to hold certain positions of authority  under Spanish colonial laws at the time.  
Sorry you want to avoid us :(.  

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 06:58:59 AM »
The "Cajuns" are from Canada, the Acadians who came after being expelled from Canada by the British.  They joined other French who came directly to Louisiana and Spanish colonialists and are generally referred to by the Spanish term, creole or criollohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criollo_people--a person of European descent born in the colonies and hence ineligible under colonial rule to hold certain positions of authority  under Spanish colonial laws at the time.  
Sorry you want to avoid us :(.  

Yes I know all that, but Canadians dont eat beaver. Weezeeannans eat Beaver. Eww. Its not YOU I want to avoid (you're an honourary Weezeeannan), but if I ever found myself in NO, I think I'd probably stick to bottled water and Hostess twinkies. Between crushed duck guts, jambalaya (whatever THAT is) and beaver, I'd rather die of Hostess twinkie poisoning.

*X Man pukey smiley*

Eww.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2011, 07:10:23 AM »
Yes I know all that, but Canadians dont eat beaver.

But then there's poutine  :@` :@`
MikeC

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:14 AM »
if I ever found myself in NO, I think I'd probably stick to bottled water and Hostess twinkies. Between crushed duck guts, jambalaya (whatever THAT is) and beaver, I'd rather die of Hostess twinkie poisoning.
In NO, it might be bottled water, but more likely a bottle of Abita Amber or Turbodog or any of their other choices--a local brew that's gone viral nationally.  The crushed duck guts--that's Tour D'Argent in Paris, France--and if given the chance I'll eat your share.  Nutria, don't worry, haven't seen one in sometime, but did see a dead armadillo, a/k/a Texas Turkey on the Interstate yesterday--I've heard but never verified that those have been eaten.  Jambalaya, think of it as colonial paella.  Twinkies--eat your fill, we have heart  resuscitation  equipment if you do that too. Say, they might be good flambed for dessert!  

Enter your email address: