Author Topic: Do earrings look better on Bald White Guys than harry white guys?  (Read 17846 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
I pierced both ears when I was 18. I haven't worn any earrings since about age 22. I kept two TINY silver hoops and once in a while wore one in my left ear.

Since my virgin shave on Saturday, I noticed more bald guy's wearing both earrings. (citing Howie of course). I put both in today and gotta say, not too bad. when I say tiny I mean really small. I am doing my second shave today and will put a pic up. I just got my HeadBlade and shaving cream from them so this shave should be MUCH better than my first.

But, the question remains, is it more "acceptable" for bald guys to wear both earrings?

AKA Gimpy

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
Re: Do earrings look better on Bald White Guys than harry white guys?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »
Theres a learning curve to that Headblade.     A few 'gotchas'  and you'll catch on pretty quick.  

I didn't have earings in until about 5 years ago,  Two in my left ear,  Wife pierced the second one, just below the first one.  Turned out pretty good, I like the location better than the first one.
 It is the only time she has ever pierced an ear.   Little diamond studs and occasionally a hoop in the lower hole.   I  We like 'em'.

Now for the elusive Howie Look-A-likes.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
I got my first piercings last year, both lobes for symmetry. As you can see, I like the dangling kind of jewelery made from surgical steel. Now at 4 mm each, but I'm thinking of stretching a little bit more...
Ach du meine Nase!

marty22

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:57:03 PM »
great earrings Mr Noggin!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:04 PM »
I got my first piercings last year, both lobes for symmetry. As you can see, I like the dangling kind of jewelery made from surgical steel. Now at 4 mm each, but I'm thinking of stretching a little bit more...

How bad does THAT hurt? I've been thinking about getting one ear, perhaps both, done that way but I have a low pain threshold and I hate for people to see me weeping.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Hi Daven,

Not sure about it being more "acceptable" but I personally like the symmetry of both lobes being pierced.  I started out with a single left lobe piercing last October and decided to get the right one pierced this January. 

@ buddha, stretching a piercing should be a pain-free process if done correctly.  I was a little nervous about stretching up from 10g to 8g (2.4mm to 3mm), but I waited a few months until both piercings were fully healed and used jojoba oil to lube my ears and the steel plugs and had a very pleasant and sensation-free stretch.  I recently dead-stretched (putting plug straight in with no taper) from 8g to 6g (3mm to 4mm) with no pain again.  Patience is key.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
Great jewelery Nogging!  O0
Me too wear thick rings, 5 mm rings on both ears most of time.
Anyway I can wear also 6mm tunnels on both ears, that I wear with thin rings passing through.

It's not that painful to have your ears pierced, nothing compared piercing other sensitive parts such as nipples. Go for it, bald heads go great with earrings

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
Thanks guy's. I am a rather conservative person generally so as much as your earrings are cool for you, I don't think big is better for me. this is the size of the ring's I have. I am going to wear both for a few days and see what people say. The funny thing is my wife (who doesn't like my earrings didn't even notice today, I guess the bald head distracts her, LOL

AKA Gimpy

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
I have piercings already, 2 in the left and one in the right that are all usable although I generally only wear one in the left ear.
But what is involved in the process of "stretching" and putting the metal rim in the earlobe and is it best to have that done by a professional?
Oh, and to get back to the original topic (which I think I hijacked) I think it depends on the guy and type of hairstyle. When I had long hair I wore a style of earrings that I think were better for long hair, the kind that dangle an inch or more. Since going sly I only wear studs or hoops or the bent barbells. I don't think a dangling earring would look good on me now.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
www.howtostretchyourears.com

I recommend doing any stretching by yourself.  You save money by not going to a piercer and, more importantly, you're the only one who can judge if your ears are ready to be stretched.  No one but yourself can tell if you are experiencing pain or discomfort.  Plus you can go at your own pace during the actual process (which should be very slowly).  Piercers tend to just shove the taper in there quickly from videos I've seen.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:54:35 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 05:48:35 AM »
Thanks for that link. I totally had the wrong impression about the process. I actually think I can get started on this today.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »
Thanks guys!  8)

I've done all the stretching by myself. Gently, with patience and a good amount of lube (NOT HeadLube!) it went very well without any pain.

Good luck, buddha!
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »
Nog. is there a photo of your ears close up? I'd like to see it, your profile picture it's hard to see. Thanks.
AKA Gimpy

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 02:24:07 AM »
Daven, have a look at this one (with beard in vacational growth mode.  ;D)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:35:10 AM by The Noggin »
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »
I have a pair of sterling cuffs that I've meant to get installed but have not. My ears are quite close to my head and a hoop would look as it it stood straight out from my head. The best thing about all this, at least from my perspective, is that men who will never see forty or fifty again are getting pierced ears as part of their normal course of events. I may even have to reconsider the application of ink. Thanks to one and all for being forward thinking and leading by example.