Author Topic: Fixing tat's, wife is worried  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
Fixing tat's, wife is worried
« on: June 24, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »
So, I am generally a conservative person. Last Saturday I shaved my head for the first time ever. Monday I put my small silver hoop earrings in both ears for the first time in 12+ years. Now I am talking about fixing one of my three tattoo's and putting a fourth one on, the fourth one would be my daughter and granddaughters names or initials. She is worried I am having a major mid-life crisis, LOL.

Anyway, I am REALLY wanting to do something with the first tat I ever got. I learned after he did it he was a brand new artist and it shows, the lines are DEEP, blurry and AWEFUL!.  I was into mythical stuff back then (when I was 18) and wanted a pegasus but turned into a unicorn with wings, I HATE IT!!!!!!! SO much since I got it, but since the edges are slightly raised, I don't know if I can get it covered up. If I could, I would go out right away and do it, maybe with something with my daughters and granddaughters names somehow.  Any ideas?  If any of you artists could send me an idea, I would be very appreciative.

Here are my 3 tat's, The unicorn was 1st, when I was 18, then the Wolf was second, when I was 25 (paid for with stolen money from my wife's account one night when we were having a fight,) LOL and the third is our astrological signs intertwined, mine is Gemini and hers is Leo. When I got that she said "I guess that means we have to stay married forever" I said "no, it only means I will have to marry a Leo if we split up", LOL again.

Thoughts?  The wolf is my best one, the astrological signs are also blurry and raised. I call them my braille tattoo.
Left Bicep
  Right Shoulder
Chest

AKA Gimpy

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Fixing tat's, wife is worried
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
I have a thread under this heading called "Buddha's New Ink". I posted a series of pics about an old flash that I had covered up with an original design. The old one was a panther that came straight off the wall at the tattoo place. When I got it it was for no other reason than I just wanted some ink. The new design is a Samurai with a banner above and below that says "Death Is Certain, Life Is Not". The pics show the progression of the old tat being covered up by the new ink. I started the thread on April 15, 2010. Check out the pics, the artist was really good at figuring out how to best cover the old tat.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:24:59 PM »

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
You best bet is to talk to your tattoo artist really.

Enter your email address: