Author Topic: What shaves closer than the Gillette Fusion?  (Read 13379 times)

Offline Franco

• Learning the way of Sly
What shaves closer than the Gillette Fusion?
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »
So i've recently gone sly and i am using the normal gillette fusion blade. For some reason it only takes about 5-7 hours before i can already feel the hair growing out and i lose the slyness. I was using the xtreme 3 disposables to start off with and it seemed like those gave me a closer shave. Not to mention i have to shave everyday so after about 3-4 shaves with the fusion the blade is toast.

Anyone recommend a blade that has given them a closer shave than the fusion or that lasts longer as well? I'm willing to try anything!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What shaves closer than the Gillette Fusion?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
Are you shaving against the grain?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Franco

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:06:02 AM »
Are you shaving against the grain?

ya im sorry i should have said that before. I always go with the grain and then against it when i shave it.

Offline intex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:08 AM »

ya im sorry i should have said that before. I always go with the grain and then against it when i shave it.

I use the fusion proglide power- find I have to go against the grain to get the smooth feeling. Have no difficulty doing so.  I shave in morning - in evening I can begin to feel stubble. I shave every morning - doesn't take long

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
Hair grows so stubble happens -- and there is no way you can cut it below the level of your skin, no matter what the advertising folks try to convince us. I use a Fusion on my face but the blades are just too pricey for my head. Plus I find the blade arrangement to be awkward on the head.  My blade of choice on my head  is the Extreme 3 - less exspensive and I seem to get equally great results.

Plenty of guys swear by the Headblade using various blades. As for me I've never been able to master it though I do have plans to give it another shot in the near future since I can see the superiority of the design.  Freely admit it's not the device, it's me...
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
I use the Mach III and have done so for years.  I buy them at Costco and get 20 blades for about $42.00.  You should also try different types of shave gels.  First I put on Gillete fusion thermal scrub, rinse use shave brush and Williams shave soap, all on top of that shave gel use brush to add get to dome then shave against the grain and then with.  I stay sly for about 9 to 10 hours before I feel a little stubble.  Hope this helps.  :)

Offline Cochise

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
Nothing, because the Gillette Fusion will shave your wallet until it disappears.
Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:52:55 AM »
I use the mach 3, it's always worked pretty nice. An there's not really much we can do, about the stubble growing in besides shave it again. I wish my head was always smooth, but somedays it seems that the hair grows faster than others.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »
Try the M5 Magnum.... a great razor and the cartridges can be had for a good fair price. Check it out here:

http://www.personna.com/personna/blades/shaving/detail/m5-magnum-for-men/

Currently they are having free shipping.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Cochise

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »
Free shipping on M5 Cartridges?
Sold! O0
Cisco Kid was a friend of mine

Offline Franco

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
right on thanks for the advice guys

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »
M5's--the right shave tool at a great price!  That's IMO, of course.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »
After trying just about everything....I have been using Schick disposables.  The three blade kind that flexes.....Extreme 3 I think is the name.  That along with shave secret does it for me.  I get 22 razors at SAMS club for about $20.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »
I love the Fusion, but I hate the price! :Xo!
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Offline TeenSlyGuy

• Feeling so sly like a bald guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Try the M5 Magnum.... a great razor and the cartridges can be had for a good fair price. Check it out here:

http://www.personna.com/personna/blades/shaving/detail/m5-magnum-for-men/

Currently they are having free shipping.

Ive been using the fusion forever honestly nothing else I think I'll give this a try.

Enter your email address: