Author Topic: You shave everyday!?!?!  (Read 34989 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
You shave everyday!?!?!
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
I've heard this comment a few times when a discussion comes up regarding my slyness. The two people that made the comment seemed shocked that I shaved everyday. :o  Not in a why don't you let it grow out sort of way, but more because (and I'm speculating here) they didn't think the hair grew that fast.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar comment??
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:48:42 PM by |Doug| »

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: You shave everyday!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
Yes.  Most people don't seem to realize how quickly hair grows.  They also seem to be under the misperception that it is a huge and time consuming chore to shave your head.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
I've had that as a comment and a question, a comment from people, male and female, and a question--like this past weekend from a guy I saw that I hadn't seen for a while who's on the verge of using a blade having gone to a very tight almost no guard clipper.  Not only to they not know how fast hair, or what's left, grows but also they are totally in the dark how uncomfortable stubble can be to some guys.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
My hair is really thin so I can go 2-3 days without shaving.  You can't see it...but of course I can feel it.

So everyone just assumes I shave everyday.

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:51:13 PM »
I shave everyday with rare exceptions.  I really dislike the sandpaper feel of a day's growth on my head.   Stubble on my face does not bother me that much, but I shave may face daily too. 
People usually don't think of hair on your head growing as fast as facial hair. 
I have to confess, I had some of the same lame thoughts before going sly, and that was one reason I put off taking the plunge.  I thought it would be too much of a "chore" .  Now that I'm nearing the one year mark, shaving my head daily is about a 10 minute chore that I look forward to.
On a different, but related note, I find that I get a closer shave and longer lasting smooth feeling on weekends if I shower and shave after being awake for an hour of two.  Weekdays I get up early, and shower and shave just after rising.   

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
I hate the sandpaper feeling as well so I shave my head every day. I shave my face less often. :/O
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:49 PM »
I miss shaving once a month at worst. Can't stand the feeling of an unshaved head anymore.

"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:38:03 AM »
I shave everyday and I like the smooth feeling of my freshly shaved head
so very much  O0 !

J

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »
I haven't been asked if I shave everyday, but I hate the feeling of the nubs.  If I shave early in the morning, I'm shaving again by 2 or 3 before work to get the shine back up  O:O

Speaking of which, I think I will go shave  :*))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:41:43 PM by J_B »

Offline auto216834

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 05:46:40 PM »
I've heard this comment a few times when a discussion comes up regarding my slyness. The two people that made the comment seemed shocked that I shaved everyday. :o  Not in a why don't you let it grow out sort of way, but more because (and I'm speculating here) they didn't think the hair grew that fast.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar comment??

Does it grow back if you shave it everyday? (just kidding)

1 time/week here. It's my weekend ritual

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »
Would love to shave everyday but my skin can't handle it. So every 2 or 3 days is fine, even if I have to deal with the stubble. And yes, hair does grow back too fast in my opinion (I actually wonder if shaving it makes it grow faster).
Foreversmooth

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
I've only heard that comment from my wife.  She says, "I can't believe you'd rather shave everyday than let it grow out and get a haircut (flattop) every three weeks and just fix your hair in the morning."  She know not what it feels like to be SLY!!   O0

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
My head is shaved every day.  My face is shaved twice a week.

Offline WhiskeyHotel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »
every other day here

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
Everyday. The guys who question why apparently have full beards or haven't felt their chin at five after shaving at seven. It's called stubble and, regardless of which end of your head it's on, it feels slightly untended. Too, I rather enjoy the ritual of shaving. It's part of my morning as much as the WSJ, coffee, orange juice and washing my teeth. On those strange days when I cannot, I feel a bit like a slacker. (I once tried to shave it in the lavatory of a plane. This was a poor idea for many reasons but still...I had to try.) At my age, I could go days, possibly longer, until anyone even noticed but that changes nothing; I do this for me not the viewing public.

Enter your email address: