Author Topic: You shave everyday!?!?!  (Read 34987 times)

Offline FrankR

• Sly Jr.
Re: You shave everyday!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
I shave every single day.  Like others have said, I find having one day's growth to be too coarse in texture.  I prefer a completely slick scalp.   O0

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »
Everyday - if I don't get lazy - - -Hate the fuzz on top and the horseshoe fringe when I let it go - - -Looks and feels much better when  I shave everyday

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »
I started shaving in 1983 and have been asked that many, many times over the decades and never in a rude way. The NEXT question is always, "Do you use an electric or blade razor?" (Im a blade man). THEN, often, comes the remark from a man, is that he always wants to shave his head but doesnt have the guts, or from a woman that she wants her husband to shave.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »
I shave everyday.  I can't stand it if I do not. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
Every other day unless I have something special to attend to on a day that would normally be unshaven. I don't mind a little fuzz, just don't like when it gets so long that I have to break out the love beads.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
I used to shave everyday (almost...) when I used to shave.
Now that my scalp is almost completely hairfree I seldom shave, every 2-3 weeks, as it looks bald anyway.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:19:46 PM by zetaeffe »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
When I tell people I shave everyday, I get the same surprised reaction.  When I explain that hair grows fast and feels like velcro by the night, they say they didn't realize that.  Everyone seems to think that once your head is shaved, it stays smooth for days or weeks, i.e., "boy, being bald must save you lots of time in the morning!"  When I say that it takes longer in the morning, but then I'm free all day because I never haver to check to see if my hair is combed or a mess, they usually chuckle. 

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
When I first went sly, I shaved every other day.  I still give myself days off now and again, but I feel like a slacker when I don't shave.  I also think I look much worse with the one day shadow (but it's probably only in my head).

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
Everyday for me too.  Cannot stand to have stubble.  Must be smooth smooth smooth.  Hey Slick A you are HOT  :)

Offline Darren67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »
hey guys! :) havent posted in a while but still read on here nearly everyday haha, i found when i first started shaving i had to leave it a few days (because of irritation) but now i can shave everyday if i choose to, (depends what im doing)  i think your head does get used to it and your technique improves.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
I shave the dome everyday when I can swing it. Hate, hate, hate the feeling of velcro on my head!
MikeC

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
I can't stand the stubble either.  Some days when I get home from work, I do a quick shave with an electric razor to feel smoother - something I wouldn't have expected before experiencing it!

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
I can't stand the stubble either.  Some days when I get home from work, I do a quick shave with an electric razor to feel smoother - something I wouldn't have expected before experiencing it!

Yup - once you get a feel for a nice smooth dome, you're hooked!  8)
MikeC

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 12:19:27 PM »
I shave my face in the shower and it's just a step up to do my head. As with many others, I'm hooked-after 15 years-on the smooth, shiny look. It's also easier to shave in the shower. You're already wet, it's warm and I have a fog proof mirror that facilitates the whole procedure.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
When I first went sly, I shaved every other day.  I still give myself days off now and again, but I feel like a slacker when I don't shave.  I also think I look much worse with the one day shadow (but it's probably only in my head).

Same here.  I really feel like I can't be seen in public with any stubble on my head.

Enter your email address: