Author Topic: Time to Get Real  (Read 15633 times)

Offline hellocowboy

• Sly Jr.
  • crappy camera = grainy photo
Re: Time to Get Real
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Just from a quick glance, I can already tell this is an infinitely more positive environment then where I used to go.

I hope anyone who is in the same situation that I was in will read my post and realize that there really is a better alternative.  You can be the balding guy trying to hide, or you can be the sly bald guy and be who you were born to be.
A bald head is simply a solar panel for a sex machine.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »
You can be the balding guy trying to hide, or you can be the sly bald guy and be who you were born to be.

sounds like a hallmark card. damn fine posts. glad to have you on board. this is easily the best place to come if you are having doubts/fears. looks like momma raised two smart men.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »
Welocme cowboy, good story and i can remeber thinking I was going bald when i turned 18...it was just the normal male thing of getting a more thinned out hair type or hair line...I freaked...but was never balding, I've always had the v shape....since birth, so i can see where you ended up finally seeing that WASN't balding...it's all such a mind f*ck!

All that being said, you will look great totally slick and sly...leave the face stubble if that helps...you'll be amazed how just having skin on the top of your head will completely give you another take on life....

it's a HUGE difference between buzzed and completely bald....

Bald is a classic SLY look (110% confident)...buzzed is trendy at the moment and (90% confident)...you'll know what i mean when you do the deed!

Good luck and listen to your brother and go the way of SLY!

Offline hellocowboy

• Sly Jr.
  • crappy camera = grainy photo
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
it's all such a mind f*ck!

My exact sentiments.

The only reason I haven't gone sly immediately is that I'm trying to take this a step at a time.  I think everybody can understand, that after 8 months of relying on the crutch of the false hopes of hair regrowth, suddenly stopping using that stuff as I have is a big change, and it's a small step outside of my 'comfort zone'.  So I'm taking this at a pace that makes me feel comfortable, so I don't think it was just some radical thing I did in a fit of depression (like Britney Spears).

But every time I look at myself, I'm excited about being sly.  Just 2 or 3 more weeks until this semester is over.
A bald head is simply a solar panel for a sex machine.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 09:55:46 AM »
Wowsers!! what a cutie!!
Welcome to the forum cowboy...yeehaw!  :px
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

BALDANDRE

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
it's all such a mind f*ck!

My exact sentiments.

The only reason I haven't gone sly immediately is that I'm trying to take this a step at a time.  I think everybody can understand, that after 8 months of relying on the crutch of the false hopes of hair regrowth, suddenly stopping using that stuff as I have is a big change, and it's a small step outside of my 'comfort zone'.  So I'm taking this at a pace that makes me feel comfortable, so I don't think it was just some radical thing I did in a fit of depression (like Britney Spears).

But every time I look at myself, I'm excited about being sly.  Just 2 or 3 more weeks until this semester is over.

I see your point...if you're excited about the prospects now, you'll totally dig the end result...

plus it's cool that blondeguy is your brother....look out world, the "sly brothers" are coming!

Very cool!

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
Don't worry, guys.  He's gonna be shaved sly if I have to hold the razor myself and do it.  Where's my chloroform?  Afterward, we can put our heads together and look like an ass.  Awesome!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »
Don't worry, guys.  He's gonna be shaved sly if I have to hold the razor myself and do it.  Where's my chloroform?  Afterward, we can put our heads together and look like an ass.  Awesome!

Don't knock it dude...chicks dig a good lookin' ass 8)

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
always nice when big brother is helping shaving the head from a brother
Helping hands
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:41:11 AM by Straight razor »
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 10:45:06 AM »
Welcome Cowboy. Kudos to you and your bro.

Straight Razor, that is a great picture.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 10:48:44 AM »
Welcome Cowboy! Glad you took the leap and joined the ranks.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
Some basic science is called for here!!
The north pole of a magnet "attracts" the south pole of another magnet.
The north pole of a magnet "repels" the north pole of another magnet.

Putting it SLY
One bald head is a chick magnet,
two bald heads together...repulsive!! :/O
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:21:55 AM by BaldBen »

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 11:28:16 AM »
Welcome Cowboy, sounds like you got a plan.  Glad you're taking a positive step and joining the ranks of the sly.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »
Some basic science is called for here!!
The north pole of a magnet "attracts" the south pole of another magnet.
The north pole of a magnet "repels" the north pole of another magnet.

Putting it SLY
One bald head is a chick magnet,
two bald heads together...repulsive!! :/O

Three bald heads start shooting lasers and punch a hole in the space-time continuum. :)

Offline dalecooper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 11:58:54 AM »
Good story man (another young college guy!!)....

I'm also 21, and am graduating in May.  I've been using propecia for a while now, and I'm the same way as you were, hate windy days, when its sunny out, I know people can see straight through my diffused hair.  I also use couvre and toppik, and whne it isn't sunny out, the results are pretty spectacular, however I always get worried about someone spotting it.  I'd buzz my hair now but its too big of a change and graduation is so close I'm just waiting till then.  Oh and the whiners on hairlosstalk, some of them are friggin ridiculous.  They barely have thinning hair and are like little babies.  I have a couple thigns going against me, I look pretty young, like 18 probably lol...   I don't have much facial hair (even though my dad has a very thick beard), and I have a relatively small frame.  Conclusion - I don't care, thats how I am, I'll get tan to make it look better, and come midway through May the hair is getting buzzed at a 1.5 guard or so.  I love how you said your stress fell away as the hair dropped from your head (I'm eagerly waiting this moment). 

I had the topical concealers in my hair during Easter and my grandpa couldn't believe how thick my hair looked.  I told him and my Grandma what I had been using and that I don't care becuase it has gotten me to fully be sick of worrying about my hair and that I'm just going to shave it.  He goes on to tell me how important having hair is and that people look at you differently (he's bald but at a late age).  I knew I was fully ready to buzz my hair when I proceded to confidentally tell him he doesn't know what hes talking about haha.  He talked about the connection with being a skin head.  I said give me a break, I'll never look that way, if anything I"ll look like I'm a cancer patient (my dad laughed) lol.  Its hard when your family goes against you, but I'm fully ready to go for the glory.  My mom on the otherhand is all for me buzzing my hair, but wants me to do it after I get a job offer and accept it.  I'm thinking who caaaaaaaares.   :P