Author Topic: Barber Shop Headshave  (Read 52328 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Re: Barber Shop Headshave
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »
Gonna have to try it some time myself...see what all the "fuss" is about. :)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 04:59:54 AM »
A new place opened near me called "Roosters". It's a franchise. For $20, they offer to shave your head "as smooth as a baby's bottom". I'll have to check it out soon.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »
There is a Roosters franchise now open in suburban Chicago as well.  I think I'll give them a try and see if they can really deliver on the 'smooth as a baby's bottom' claim.

My only other head shave by a barber was sadly disappointing on smoothness.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 07:20:10 AM »
There is a barber here that will do them--I had him trim up the face fuzz a couple of weeks ago and asked.  However, although he uses the straight razor he said it wouldn't be any smoother than my Hydro 5 shave--but you do get all the prep--hot towels, etc., and a head massage after the shave. I'm thinking of doing it just before Christmas as a gift to myself. 

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
I had my head shaved at barber shops several times.  They don't get as close as I can, but it's a decent experience.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »
I just arrived from my regular barber shop head shave. The experience took the usual hour of lathering and scraping......the result is smooth as a baby's bottom...Can't wait for the next appointment.  ;)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline baldnow20033

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 12:17:22 AM »
have done it many times, love the feel and rub

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
Just had my head shaved while on holiday in Fiji.  There is a large Indo-Fijian population in Fiji and consequently many barbers (just like India).  Only cost about US$3 but although relaxing experience with straight razor it was disappointing as to smoothness.  Lots of Fijian men had shaved heads and were very smoothly bald - perhaps they shaved themselves.
Roger

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
The  last time I had it  done was at  Grooms  in Brighton  , expensive  but  a wonderful  experience . A guy  called Steve  did  mine  and he likes doing headshaves . I sort of had time off  from  SLy  about a month ago . He buzzed  , shaved  once  witha  cut throat after  hot lather . Rinsed   lathered  and shaved again hot rinse cooler  rinse  .  Trimmed my brows  , and as I specified  I wanted  a shiny finish I got  one   with   a fragrant  stuff  . Felt so good after coming out  . It is a  treat  but can thouroughly reccommend it if your in Brighton but they do like an appointment  , cost me  £22 .  I would go  back again def  , You can also find  some Turkish  Barbers who will do it . Pall Mall Barbers  in London  do it  appointment though  never had  one done there yet .

Advice  always   check  what your getting before  making the appointment , ie  soem guy tried to  dry shave me  , not a good experience  .

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »
Thank for the recommend.

Think I will visit Grooms of Brighton for one their shaved head specials, when next I visit.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
Well ihave noticed Brighton there are quite a few barbers now doing hot shaves , i m not sure if this als means a head shave . Since my brief argument with a HB last friday might have to leave it to grow and get a pro to shave me , dont want to it looks a disgrace .

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
You bet I would but im in the UK , ur on the other side of the pond

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »
chav check your PM's!
-Derris The Barber

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
Every now and then, I let mt hair grow out for a couple of weeks! Just for the feeling of walking out of the barbers shop with a freshly shaved head! (Last time I did this, about a month ago, I walked out of the barber shop into a huge smile from a stunningly beautiful dark haired lass! I was too stunned to even say Hello!)

I go to Legends in Holborn (Tony does a fine head shave... hot towels and a very close shave. It's £16, so it's not an everyday thing)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »
I go to Legends in Holborn (Tony does a fine head shave... hot towels and a very close shave. It's £16, so it's not an everyday thing)

Arty Chris,

Is Legends this one http://www.thelegendsbarbershop.com/site/node/2

Been wanting to have a barber shave my head for ages. This place is on the way home from work. Think it's time for a professional shave. Curious to see how feels compared with the home shave and get any tips from a barber.

Enter your email address: