Author Topic: balding since 17 (19 now)  (Read 30077 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Re: balding since 17 (19 now)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:41 AM »
There's no need to feel sorry for him.  Early onset MPB is not something that anybody wants to experience, but it's hardly the end of the world.  I'm sure that, like most people, qwert55 will come to terms with it and go on to live a happy and productive life.

You're clearly underestimating the effect of early MPB on a "not-alpha-male" person. It can be devastating even later than when your 20 yrs old. Cure for MPB would make someone very f**king rich let me tell you that... baldies would be queuing to get that the day it would come out.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »

You're clearly underestimating the effect of early MPB on a "not-alpha-male" person. It can be devastating even later than when your 20 yrs old. Cure for MPB would make someone very f**king rich let me tell you that... baldies would be queuing to get that the day it would come out.

But there isn't a "cure". It's something that we have to learn to live with.  Crying in one's beer about something that can't be changed isn't productive.  And I daresay that even if there was a "cure", people who feel their lives are ruined by MPB would quickly find something else to be unhappy about.

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »

But there isn't a "cure". It's something that we have to learn to live with.  Crying in one's beer about something that can't be changed isn't productive.  And I daresay that even if there was a "cure", people who feel their lives are ruined by MPB would quickly find something else to be unhappy about.

Couldn't agree more. Life is too short and precious to let a physical trait get you down.
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"

Offline InProgress

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »
Well... fortunately for you you're a good looking dude with a good looking head. There's no reason not to shave it. It will hide the thinning and you can stop worrying about things.

Your hair is pretty much past gone already. And it's fine! Time to accept it, embrace it, and move on.

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 06:56:14 AM »
I have experienced balding at the same age as you and am now 40!

I admit that I would have had an easier ride this far through life if I didn't go bald but I now understand that all of my problems with balding were created in my own head. When I walk down the street and see other bald guys that are sly or buzzed I think gee, that looks cool but it is hard to think that way about yourself. If you keep yourself well groomed in whatever style you choose and live with your head held high then you don't have a problem.

If they "cured" baldness tomorrow I wouldn't rush out and get a full head of hair. There are other things I would improve about myself well ahead of hair.

The more you let it get to you, the more you'll regret letting it get to you later in life when you realise hair really isn't that important and you have wasted time and energy worrying instead of getting into life.

Offline Curly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
I started losing mine at age 24..Got a rug put on at 25...It took me 10 years to take the stinkin thing off...Its been almost two years since I buzzed down..I prefer the buzz cut with no guard but, that's just me....YOU WILL BE FINE....

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
Actually, you look more military regulation than cancer patient. 

Nuthin' wrong with that.

Take a deep breath.  Deal with the reality.  Decide if you wanna continue to buzz it or start to wet shave it.

Take control of the situation.

Doesn't matter what Norwood you're at, doesn't matter what other people think.  It's a matter of getting comfortable in your own skin. 

Not the easiest thing to do at ANY age, but if you start now...it will get different.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

marty22

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
norwood 6

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »
Dude- you are a GREAT looking guy. You can leave your hair buzzed how it is now- it looks fine. When you start to lose more, then become sly! You have a great face for it, and it would definitley look good on you. Its only hair- you are lucky you have such a great looking face! Bald will suit you man!

Offline syrian sly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »
hey OP, im in the same exact boat as you. i remember you from a different forum.

just turned 19,diffuse thinning,and i have tried alot of crap to cure it. beta sitosterol,caffeine,alot of stuff. some worked but its too annoying to apply everyday.

anyway,right now i cut my hair really short on the sides and leave the top a bit longer. i did buzz it once but believe it or not i think i would prefer totally bald to a buzz.

I'm not gay but your a good looking guy,work on your confidence and be an alpha in your social group and you will go far.

try bulking up since you look to a have an ectomorphic body type, If you want any help just PM me to talk bout anything.

this balding thing makes like a weird bond between the people who have it.

Offline AvengedSevenfold

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »
I thought Qwerty looks good with a buzz cut, didn't you?

Really suits you man, you look 'manly'- from a non gay point of view. Girls will lap that up!

Offline rosepedal

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »
There's no need to feel sorry for him.  Early onset MPB is not something that anybody wants to experience, but it's hardly the end of the world.  I'm sure that, like most people, qwert55 will come to terms with it and go on to live a happy and productive life.

exactly good point

it really does mess with ur confidence and just is a big deal when ur a teenager and u lose most of ur hair or bad thinning

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »

exactly good point

it really does mess with ur confidence and just is a big deal when ur a teenager and u lose most of ur hair or bad thinning

Ya I'm not gonna lie it does mess with your confidence and is a big deal, im 19 right now. But if you step back and look at it its not healthy to fixate on something like this that really has no value in the grand scheme of life. An I fully agree with razor that if bald people got full hair that'd just be self conscious about something else, hell before I went bald I always wished  I had darker skin seeing as I'm really white, I actually used to fixate on it and be envious of people born with darker skin. How ridiculous is that! As soon as you step back and see the greater picture and realize theres more to life to focus on than silly hair you will be much better off.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline fielder

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
whats the craic kid, im now 21 and have been seriously thinning from the age of 16, didnt have much left on top so i shaved it totally. its great now, seriously confident now and going to the gym helps with that. so just relax and just be you but with no hair, it will work out in the long run. hope it helps.

Offline Hollywood

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »
Sly is Badass!
Shave it and hit the gym... Girls love it!

(as someone said before) I think that if you didnt have MPB you would probably be obsessed with something else..
Besides that, you are a really good looking guy! Be gratefull for what you have and you will soon realize you are rocking with your new look!

Cheers my friend