Author Topic: I have done it!  (Read 6366 times)

Offline lflow100

• Learning the way of Sly
I have done it!
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »
I have finally done it- I have completly shaved my head (pics to follow)

I have 2 weeks off work so I just went ahead and did it. It started by me having normal haircut. I got home and was not happy with it, put up and dealt with it. Went out with some friends for a night out and came in and got the clippers out with no guard. Looked at it and thought what the hell, no work etc so I just did it. I love it and think it looks good- not sure what others will think though- that is the worst part of it all!

I have 2 weeks now. That will give me some growth ready for work! I cant wait to go out tommorow and show everyone my new sly look

A very happy uknewbie!

L

Offline daviekumd

• Sly Jr.
    • facebook
Re: I have done it!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »
awesome dude! congrats!

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:38:39 AM »

Don't worry about other people's reaction.  In some cases there will not be any reactions. Of course some people will say "oh, you shaved your head" but the comments will be very positive. You'll be surprised with the number of people telling the sly look looks better on you. Very few ones will make negative comments but also won't care.

That happened with me when I first shaved my head several years ago. I was already using short or cropped head and finally shaved smooth and virtually nobody care. The sly look is very common these days and people are accostumed to see bald guys everywhere. After seeing you sly for the first time, people will register the image in their minds and that will be how they'll recognize you from now on. For many of them it's like you always have been like that.

Enjoy your bald head and keep it !

Offline TK4108

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 03:13:16 AM »
Congratulations! I was really worried about work too. It turned out to be much to do about nothing. I got more compliments than anything. If anyone didn't like it, they were kind enough to keep it to themselves. Now that I've gone sly, I've started to notice that there are quite a few other sly folks that I never noticed before...

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 05:44:28 AM »
congrats, but I don't understand the "give me some growth"--that's stubble and well, why :/O

I have 2 weeks now. That will give me some growth ready for work! I cant wait to go out tommorow and show everyone my new sly look

A very happy uknewbie!

L

Offline lflow100

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 06:10:29 AM »
Waiting for some growth to see how it looks. I like the bald look but their is still a feeling of being nervous over what others will say

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »
Waiting for some growth to see how it looks. I like the bald look but their is still a feeling of being nervous over what others will say

Read some of the posts here.  I think you'll find that almost everyone, including me, found that it wasn't that big a deal!  Keep it sly 30 days, you need time to adjust to the "new dude in the mirror."  You'll get comments but for the most part they won't be as many as you might think and most will probably be complimentary particularly if your mpb was getting pretty far on. 

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 06:35:06 AM »

Lflow,

Once again, DON'T WORRY WHAT OTHERS WILL THINK OR SAY!! Do they worry what YOU might think or say if they decide on a new hairstyle, dress, necktie, or even a piercing? Suppose one of the guys at your work wants to get an ear ring. Think his decision is going to be based on whether or not you are going to approve? The answer is a definitive N-O! The point is that this is YOUR scalp- NOT theirs!! If you like the look (and it seems you do, according to your posts) then you should keep whatever look is going to satisfy YOU the most!

- Cap'n Noodles -

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 07:31:16 AM »

I'm confused....are you waiting for growth to see how the "bald look" looks?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »
Don't be growing nothing back bro.

Offline lflow100

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »

I'm confused....are you waiting for growth to see how the "bald look" looks?

Well I know what the bald look is now, its been a day so far and I am not regretting it so thats me in I am keeping it, looking forward to shaving it again in a couple of days, forget letting it grow a little!

Troy

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »
I'm glad you came to the conclusion I was going to recommend (and others already have).  Be proud of your shaved head and hold it high.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
Way to go...and keep it SLY!!! Welcome to SBGs!!! 8)

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
Great to hear you're liking it! That's all that counts. 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline erutan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 02:37:10 PM »
Many congratulations for taking the plunge.  It'a an great feeling!

Enter your email address: