Author Topic: I have done it!  (Read 6367 times)

Offline lflow100

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: I have done it!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
Its been 3 weeks now and it has been fantastic. I have had no bad reactions, most people telling me it looks great. I have a good routine now shaving every 4 days. Sly is definatly the way to be for me now. Wish I had done it years ago. Am loving being bald and proud!

Offline kiebuts

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 11:03:53 AM »
I totally agree with you. I wish I had gone sly years ago. I'm in my first week into the 30 day rule, but already i can't see myself going back to hair. I would like to thank you guys. Reading all your advice & stories gave my the push I needed to do it. I always found shaving my face a chore. I now look forward to shaving. Reactions to my new look have been overwhelmingly been positive. A friend even got me a polo shirt with "Baldy Man" printed on the back. I love it.
Thank you all again. Kiebuts O0

Offline Oto

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
I took the plung for the first time 9 years ago, but always wanted to do that... there was no Sly Bald Guys forum by then or I wasn't aware. It sure is good nowadays someone with the same wish find support! Most of the new "slys" lurk a while before doing.
Headshaving is wonderful. Anyone that wants to do that should experiment.   That's the advice i give to anyone. We REALLY feel better after doing so.

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
Many years of procrastination before I took the plunge. Used the clippers after a (very) bad haircut in some hairsalon school. Very good excuse to experiment a new look. Shaving my head bald came a few weeks later. And when they say, once you try it, you can easily become a 'bald-oholic' (I like this term), it is so true in my case. I don't have a receding hairline but love the sensation of having a smooth scalp. Just wish I started the process long ago (I started shaving when I was 33 - I'm now 37). I see a lot of young guys in this forum who are proud to be bald and confident about their look. That's fantastic. It took me awhile to stop worrying about the reaction if people witnessing my bald head (what helped is the fact that I live in a place where people are known to be very open-minded and non judgmental about other people). I think a shaved head has become so common that nobody is raising an eyebrow. Keep it smooth guy  O0
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:24:01 PM by foreversmooth »
Foreversmooth

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »
Congratulations on a great choice. You will get used to the new look, as did I, & others will, too. Keep it smooth, buddy.
BaldBill

Enter your email address: