Author Topic: It didn't even take 30 days in my case  (Read 6062 times)

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
It didn't even take 30 days in my case
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »

I am honestly shocked to be writing this, but after a few days of truly horrible reactions that really shook me and sent me reeling, everyone around me has come to accept my new look completely. Everyone acts towards me as if I had always looked like this. I mean I don't have people telling me I look great or anything but there are no jokes, no insults, no nothing.

And as far as my lifestyle is concerned - forget about it. I can exercise properly, lift properly, run properly, shower properly. I am having the best workouts that I have had in a decade followed by the best showers I have had in a decade. I even went and got a fancy shower head thingy with the whole massage deal. Its bliss. I walked in the rain the other day. I hadn't felt rain falling on my head in years.

I could never have gotten through the first few days without you guys. I would never have reached this point. So thanks for all the support. O0

A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
Re: It didn't even take 30 days in my case
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:19 AM »
I'm sure being free from the rug must be a great feeling for you.  O0 An remember any jokes are probably coming from friends, who would push your buttons whether you shaved your head or not.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20:19 AM »
Great post Jack.
Glad things are working out on the Sly Side of Life!  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »
Good to hear, Jack!  Enjoy.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »
Good for you.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:13:59 AM »
Told you so! O0  And it was less than 30 days ago.  Glad it's working out, live free!

I have a couple of days of stubble on my face and was told that the mustache made me look "diabolical" with the shaved head. Other highlights of the day include the following:

1. "Did you lose a bet?"

2. "Are you in mourning b/c of the Texas loss to Iowa State?"

3. (From a Mexican-American colleague) "Man. You look like one hard ass vato loco!"

4. (I feel bad about this one) An Arab-American colleague saw me and pretty much took off running in the opposite direction. Remind me not to wear anything remotely German looking.

That's a pretty rough day, admittedly--especially for being in the vicinity of Austin a part of Texas that is to my experience very accepting of "changes in attitude, changes in latitude!" It's day one though and I am certain that this will even out and some of your associates and friends will come around in 30 days.  Just remember, it does look good, certainly better than paint and someone else's hair pasted on your scalp. 

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Wow! The change from that first day to now is almost unreal. The only thing I still do occasionally hear is that I look like a Mexican gangster. I can live with that.

Told you so! O0  And it was less than 30 days ago.  Glad it's working out, live free!

I have a couple of days of stubble on my face and was told that the mustache made me look "diabolical" with the shaved head. Other highlights of the day include the following:

1. "Did you lose a bet?"

2. "Are you in mourning b/c of the Texas loss to Iowa State?"

3. (From a Mexican-American colleague) "Man. You look like one hard ass vato loco!"

4. (I feel bad about this one) An Arab-American colleague saw me and pretty much took off running in the opposite direction. Remind me not to wear anything remotely German looking.

That's a pretty rough day, admittedly--especially for being in the vicinity of Austin a part of Texas that is to my experience very accepting of "changes in attitude, changes in latitude!" It's day one though and I am certain that this will even out and some of your associates and friends will come around in 30 days.  Just remember, it does look good, certainly better than paint and someone else's hair pasted on your scalp. 

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:05:44 AM »
Way to go!!! O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »
Way to go Jack!! That's awesome news. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »
Congratulations Jack. Really glad to hear that!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »
That's great to hear man!  We were worried about you for a minute...  O0
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »
I was pretty worried too. I was very worried. All's well that ends well, though.

That's great to hear man!  We were worried about you for a minute...  O0

BaldBradley

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 03:50:25 PM »
No problem buddy, all of us here are a giant support group. Of course people people will be shocked to see you go from rug to dome, but eventually (hopefully) people will get used to your new look. How you style your hair or what ever you decide to do with it is your decision. If people don't accept it than they obviously don't accept your decision making skills and your style. A guys hair is like a girl and her shoes, you decide what you want to wear (or lack there of).

Congrats on the successful change :P

marty22

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
See, that was easy!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »
Saintc beat me to it, but this is the part where we say we told ya so.  Don't doubt us again.   ;)