Author Topic: It didn't even take 30 days in my case  (Read 6064 times)

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
Re: It didn't even take 30 days in my case
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 08:03:22 PM »
That is great news, Jack.    You had a rough start, but it sounds like you're in the clear now and ready to enjoy your freedom.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:00 PM »
Well done, Jack !

You look like you were meant to be bald, bro.
BaldBill

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
Thanks, bro. I'm loving the life and honestly am starting to find it weird when I see pictures of myself with hair.
A sword unto Gideon and unto God

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 12:21:05 AM »
I'll never doubt you guys again
Saintc beat me to it, but this is the part where we say we told ya so.  Don't doubt us again.   ;)

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
Glad to hear it Jack!!   Going back and re-reading some of your first posts....you probably think to yourself..."How silly I was."  The 30-day rule is there for a reason.....it proves true time and time again.   I am just happy that you are happy with yourself now!!!!

Offline ms61

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:18 PM »
hey jack as a guy who also had hair transplants back in the day....are you able to shave with a razor?or do you just take it down to a zero with the clippers?

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »
You have to be cautious with the scar. Honestly the first few times I shaved I bloodied it quite a bit - not profuse bleeding but a bit of a mess. It may have been a better idea to go with a beard trimmer with no guard for a few days or even a week before taking the blade to it. Its not a problem now, but I do shave with the grain. I wouldn't advise shaving against the grain over the scar. Shave the entire area above the scar and then go below and shave down. Don't try and use one fluid motion over the scar. That's what works for me anyway. I also prefer to do it by feel rather than using a mirror. I'll use a mirror afterwards to see if I've missed a spot. The scar is a pain but it gets easier to deal with.   

hey jack as a guy who also had hair transplants back in the day....are you able to shave with a razor?or do you just take it down to a zero with the clippers?

Offline erutan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
Awesome news, Jack!  This is a new chapter for you, bud!

Offline ms61

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »
thx for the knowlege jack.Im down to using clippers at a 0 level and i think it really looks great!I am also using maderma for the scars on the back.It says it will take a few months but that the scars will be less visable.Ill keep every1 posted on the results.Pics soon

Offline Jack21

• Sly
  • Panta Rhei
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
Maderma ha? I use that stuff with the annoying commercial - Preferon. I use it a couple of times a day. I don't really have any real hope of having the scar go away but it may fade eventually. I have a burn on my chest that dates from a couple of years before the HT. It used to be blood red, but has faded to skin color over the years and is certainly less noticeable. I never put anything on it except for in the beginning when it was an open wound of course. So maybe there's hope. Hopefully with time the scar will fade.