Author Topic: Just one thing  (Read 1023 times)

Offline RegularGuy

• Learning the way of Sly
Just one thing
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:56:10 AM »
Hey guys!
First a little background :) I'm a 17 year old guy and I think I might be balding. I'm not muscular (I'm skinny) but still I've decided to cut my hair bald. I've hated my hair for the past 2 years because I constantly have to fix it in order for the bald spots not to be seen. It now got to a point where my hair is my biggest concern and I can't keep my mind off it and it's to be honest destroying my life (when I go out to have fun I only think about my hair looking good). So I've decided to cut it all off. I guess I might look weird at first but I hope people will get used to it. I'm also planning on wearing (winter style) hats as much as possible so the transition will be nicer :D

Anyway.. I have a question.. My hair atm is middle length (Owen Wilson like), very thin and blond. I'm just worried that if I suddenly cut it off, all the parts where I used to have hair will be more pale/bright (baah my english.. Can't find the word :) ) then the rest of my head (forehead, face,..). This is, to be honest, the only thing stopping me from doing it right now. So if that is the case can you please give me advice on how to get rid of the problem? It's almost winter and not much more sun to get some tan..

Any help would be appreciated :)

Offline Baldman

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald and Chargin!
Re: Just one thing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »
I am not sure how to get rid of any spots that would be tanner, but I am also not sure if they will be tanner. I know that when I first shaved my head I liked it but I tripped a little at first. But I do know that seriously without a doubt one of the best things I have done was to shave my head. I like it a lot more than hair, it works a lot better than having hair and yea. I was 17 when I first started shaving actually, I was not having issues with balding but I wanted to and I really like it a lot. I would say that it would be a very good idea to shave even if your hair was not giving you grief. My head was white at first but you have to make sure that you ease it into the sun and WEAR SUNSCREEN! I burnt my head very very bad when I first shaved it. If it comes down to it wear a hat but your friends and everyone will transition that was not a problem at all for me, so I am sure that it will be okay.

When you do shave it use a buzzer or trimmers at the lowest possible setting to get rid of as much as you can and then make sure you have a nicer razor, go slow and take as much time as you need.
-Live Bald and Prosper

Offline mfitz12

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Just one thing
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:13 AM »
Hey,
I know where your coming from, My hair line started receding when i was 19 years old, I was so self conscious about it, and i was always worried about it when I went out with my friends, I'm 23 now and I just decided to shave my head about 2 months ago. At first I was really self conscious about it too and thought I had made a huge mistake, I thought it looked funny and was upset what my head was a lot paler than the rest of my face and forehead. I live in Cleveland so the chance of me getting it tanner was not likely.  I was thinking about going tanning or using self tanners but I didn't because I was afraid it would look even weirder. But now, 2 months later, its all evened out and i love it. When i look at pictures of me when I had hair I cant believe how much better i look now. It took a month or so for me to get used to it. but I am positive this is the best decision i've ever made.  Good luck to you man, I hope this was useful