Author Topic: how long till it grows back and will it  (Read 1168 times)

Offline ecology75

• Learning the way of Sly
how long till it grows back and will it
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
hi i have purchased a wahl balding clipper , the red one and regurlalry around 2 times a week shave my head with it
now the problem which i have is that i can not be bothred with it , i am tired of always havng to look in the mirror to see if i have left any hair or seeing if the blade is regulalrly iled up
it has become a real headache for me
so my question is now that if i just chose to shave my head with a gilette fusion and use shavng cream , would my hair grow regularly the way it does when i use the wahl balding clipper , it usually grows back within 2 days and i shave it off again but tbh it gives me the same look as the gilette fusion would
also my question is that my hair from my crown and scalp is thinning , shaving it with the blade would it cause further thinning and would it not grow back within 2 days that it does with the balding clipper, it s really thin
thank you

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: how long till it grows back and will it
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »
my question is that my hair from my crown and scalp is thinning , shaving it with the blade would it cause further thinning and would it not grow back within 2 days that it does with the balding clipper, it s really thin
I believe what you're asking is would blade shaving accelerate your male pattern baldness--absolutely not, and using a clipper or a blade won't affect the rate your hair is thinning.  When you were conceived your genetic fate was sealed insofar as mpb is concerned--unless caused by an illness or medical treatments.  You're going to be bald, shaving your head just puts you in control.  When you shave or closely buzz your scalp you are "hiding the balding process in plain view."  I think that most of us who have shaved for any time at all have had the realization at some point when we may have let it grow out for as few as 4-6 days that since the time we elected to control our situation that mpb has progressed.  
So relax, you're in control of everything except whether you will be bald--that's was decided quite a while ago--and it's not a defect, disability or real problem--just a genetic trait that is easily and sanely handled by shaving the remainder off.  Enjoy the freedom, forget about thinking you caused mpb--just keep it smooth and get on with your life.  
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:12:08 PM by saintc »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »
I briefly tried the Wahl Balding Clippers thinking that it would be easier than daily shaving, and like you, I found the whole thing to be a real chore.  No matter how carefully I looked, every time I put them away, I'd find a spot that I'd missed or that was a little uneven with the rest of the stubble.  Shaving it clean with a razor is much, much easier and it only adds a day or two at the most to the growing out process.

Offline ecology75

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:53 AM »
thanks a lot for your reply
i guess that pretty mch answrs my question and as  was just thinking about taking the plunge lol the winter starts and my head is absolutely fricking colllldddd
so i gues i wil do it or i may just do it in a few weeks and experiment ith it to see how it looks
i also was going to ask you whether if i do shave with a blade it will make my scalp and my crown whih is thin anyway more visible to the public eye as opposed to slightly leaving it kinda of equal now like i do with the wahl balding clipper which shaves at 0.4mm
thanks a lot for your reply guys , good to know theres a community who actually takes time out to post replies