Author Topic: Did something stupid =(  (Read 8849 times)

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
Did something stupid =(
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
Guys i went to a carshow earlier on and completely forgot my suncream etc and now im burnt to hell :-[, not very happy at all cz its not like me at all...a word of advice, no matter how tired you are in the morning or how much anyone rushes you, never go out without a hat or suncream. I was stuck too because i was in the middle of nowhere and not even in my car, so i couldnt even go home.

Is there anything i can do to stop the stinging guys? I've been putting aftersun on, but after 5 mins its back to burning again.

Im gunna keep the sunlotion with me all the time now and always go out in my car in future, can't risk doing this ever again.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Did something stupid =(
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
Wally World sells an after sun product (sorry don't remember what it's called) that comes in a clear plastic bottle. It's a blue gel that smells like spearmint. It has lidocaine in it. Amazing stuff and very inexpensive. It feels incredible when applied.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:24:57 PM »
Lidocaine or aloe are good for sunburn.

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »
Hey guys, cheers for the replys. My mum gave me some stuff with aloe vera, allantoin (never heard of it lol) and vitamin e in, it seems ok, but the coolness does'nt last for long, just sitting with my head next to a fan now ::). I had some aspirin too and the pain seems to be dying down now...its only UK sun, so its not always hot like in the US, but still i think im gunna stash a baseball cap and sun-lotion supplies in my car toolbox.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »
Man I can totally sympathize.   >:(  I burned my noggin earlier this year.  Ever since, I carry a pocket size bottle of SPF15.  Not the most protection, but it's better than nothing.  :-\

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 08:50:49 AM »
I also learned the hard way and now store a tube of Neutrogena SPF 20 in my glovebox. Hope you're doing better today, X.  O0
- Eric W-

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
Cheers guys :), its feeling alot better today, only my neck is painful. I think the sunless tanning lotion i put on in the mornings may have stopped it being as bad as it could have been O0.

Offline TGB1

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
I try to carry a bandanna (doo-rag) with me. It just takes a moment to tie it on.
.....the quiet brightness of the city disconcerts. Somewhere malfeasance percolates. There is work to be done.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Dosen't take but once or twice to learn the lesson. When I am outside for prolonged periods sunscreen and my head cover are a must. Refer to pic.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 07:43:58 AM »
3 words:  Lidocaine with Aloe
MikeC

Offline BigMike01

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
Without fail, I get burned once a year. Every year I say never again. This year my dome blistered so bad I couldn't shave for almost 3 weeks. It's wasn't the normal burn and peel, it was a really thick peel(reminded me a snake skin) and lots of pain.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 06:53:45 AM »
Besides the obvious aloe gell and lidocain for pain, I was told that putting plain yoghurt on a sunburn will help get rid of the burn pain.  It seems to work somewhat (of course it's cold and sticks to you a bit, and keeps the air from getting to the burn, so that may be all that it is doing. :/O
Hmmm, maybe if I put my aloe gel in the fridge...!  O0

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
Looks like you found something for your burns. 
After I burned my dome a couple years ago soon after going sly (actually I was just buzzed with no guard). 
We just went for lunch at a cafe in Strasbourg and I ended up with a solid burn. 

Now, at least in the summer, I put on an SPF 15 face lotion on my dome every morning after shaving.   
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »

After I burned my dome a couple years ago soon after going sly (actually I was just buzzed with no guard). 
We just went for lunch at a cafe in Strasbourg and I ended up with a solid burn. 

That's a real danger some of the fencers and lurkers who have mpb tend to ignore bc they can't put sunscreen on without looking like lab rats--I was one of them, I know.  And, as a result, I have the skin cancer scars and precancerous lesion marks where they were frozen off :Xo! :Xo! :Xo!.  Listen up lurkers and fencers w/ mpb, the sooner you "clean up your act" the sooner you can protect your skin--sly is safe & healthy, don't forget it.  Remember next time that balding scalp gets red, say to yourself as you nurse the burn, "This didn't need to happen, I could have been Sly and protected w/ sunscreen."

(|8-)

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »
i think im gunna stash a baseball cap and sun-lotion supplies in my car toolbox.
The problem is that your car gets really hot and this makes stuff like sunscreens break down.  If you just stick it in the car and forget about it for a couple of years, there's a good chance it won't work very well when you need it.