Author Topic: Did something stupid =(  (Read 8850 times)

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
Re: Did something stupid =(
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
I use Neutrogena SPF70 which works very well. I've used it for years on my face (before I shaved my head). It's recommended by my dermotologist too.
TheBBQGuy

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
Sorry for your plight, I've been there and it ain't fun!  :(
Immediately after a first or second degree burn of any kind you need to get it in or under some really cold water or ice for several minutes (like 20)... it actually does help stop the burn from getting worse.  I know it's too late for that now but if there's a next time, try it.

I guess the only good side is you won't have to worry about not having a tan pate anymore!  :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:31:17 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Glen

• Sly Jr.
  • Better a bald head than no head at all...
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »
my mom always said bear with it and add wipe the burn with vinegar and lemon juice in a bit of water. burned like heck but after a few treatments no more burn from the sun and peeled to new skin faster
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
my mom always said bear with it and add wipe the burn with vinegar and lemon juice in a bit of water. burned like heck but after a few treatments no more burn from the sun and peeled to new skin faster

If nothing else, you'd be well marinated.  :o

Offline lordmage

• Sly
  • Mac it's the Cheesiest
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 02:13:39 AM »

If nothing else, you'd be well marinated.  :o
that i was... stung like a motha after 10 mins rinse off repeat when needed.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." Samuel Langhorne Clemens
"Just Do it" Nike
"shave that darn head already" Lordmage :P

Offline Larry G

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 04:48:43 AM »
I'm naturally bald and, therefore, don't shave my head.  However, I find that many times a year I injure my scalp in some way:  on the side of a golf cart; on a low shelf, the latest, on a car sunglass holder that I forgot to fold back in near the head liner. 
     Regardless, it's always taken a long time to heal, for some reason, longer than any other part of my body takes to heal, regardless of what I put on it...until I found this product in Phoenix at Chakra 4 herb and tea house.  I''ve been going in there to pick up psyllium husks, and was looking for something to put on a pre-cancerous sun damage area on my sideburn. 
     Well, it didn't help that, but I tried it on a cut on my scalp.  Well, I'm here to tell you, it cut down the healing time to more than half.  It's called, Garden Salve, and one of its main ingredients is bees wax.  I told the girl who makes it up in batches, "It's like Melon Spackle".  I told her I would find a forum and share it, so there you go.

Larry

Enter your email address: