Author Topic: Just Tried Headblade  (Read 7314 times)

Offline MrBear

• Learning the way of Sly
Just Tried Headblade
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »
Just tried the Headblade Sport for the first time about an hour ago.
WOW!
Nice product!
I have been using a Mach 3 for 2 months (when I first started) and my Wife spotted the Headblade at Walgreen's and grabbed one for me.
I was use to using the Mach 3 but decided to try the Headblade Sport tonight for the first time.
This is honestly the closet shave I have ever had.
I'd like to use it on my face but one step at a time.
I have the triple blades in it btw.
If you are on the fence about this at least give it a try.
If this keeps up they have another long term customer.
Can't believe this closeness  :) I always have used coca butter lotion after I shave and shower and it slicked on tonight like never before.
 O0

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Re: Just Tried Headblade
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:57:14 AM »
Just tried the Headblade Sport for the first time about an hour ago.
WOW!
Nice product!
I have been using a Mach 3 for 2 months (when I first started) and my Wife spotted the Headblade at Walgreen's and grabbed one for me.
I was use to using the Mach 3 but decided to try the Headblade Sport tonight for the first time.
This is honestly the closet shave I have ever had.
I'd like to use it on my face but one step at a time.
I have the triple blades in it btw.
If you are on the fence about this at least give it a try.
If this keeps up they have another long term customer.
Can't believe this closeness  :) I always have used coca butter lotion after I shave and shower and it slicked on tonight like never before.
 O0
glad it works for you, the sport with the triple blades in it gives me one of the worst shaves :(
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline MrBear

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
I was a little hesitant because I have fair skin and usually it's very sensitive, but this worked nice.
Guess each person is different.

Offline BAZ

• Sly Guy in Training
  • In case you are wondering, I'm the guy on the left
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:53:35 PM »
I've been using the headblade for almost a week. Cut myself twice, but I'm liking the shave I'm getting. Discovered I'm an against the grain guy. Curious how the shave will go when I switch the the Atria blades I bought yesterday.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:51:41 PM »
Headblade is good to go, just got my classic model that Headblade was so nice to give me and it came with the double blades....I think I like them way better than the triple's.

Offline MrBear

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »
I bought a bottle of the Headslick? stuff too. It's in a yellow bottle with a pull up top. Works damn good.
I'm liking this stuff so far.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
I love the HeadBlade but a word of caution... as you become more familiar with it don't get going too fast or begin to put downward pressure on it to get a closer shave or sneak just one more shave from dull blades!  Been there, done that and you don't get a tee shirt, just a nice gouge!  :-[

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »
id like to try the HB more, but i don't want to keep dumping money into blades to try it out.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »
Welcome MrBear, congrats on choosing the HeadBlade, I always say it's the best tool for the job.
Take your time, go slow and allow yourself to become familiar with it's nuances.
You may want to stick with the double blades if they are working well for you.

Keep it up, and keep it smooth!    O0

Offline Eric@HeadBlade

• HeadBlading since '05
  • Sly Jr.
  • Marketing Manager, HeadBlade
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »
Awesome.  Welcome to the HeadBlade family, MrBear!  I love hearing people's first impression, good or bad, when first trying the HeadBlade.  I remember being a bit hesitant when I first tried the Classic too.... I just didn't trust myself pushing a razor across my scalp.  But after 2-3 shaves, I never looked back. 

I'm a big fan of the TripleBlades, but a lot of guys swear by Atra's or our Doubles.  Really up to what works best for you.  I'd say if what you're doing works, stick with it. 

HeadSlick definitely makes the blades glide easier, so I'm happy to hear you like it.  We've got travel sizes too, so you don't have to buy a brand new bottle at your destination (which I did plenty of times before discovering the 2oz. Travel Kit).  You can browse our entire grooming line at http://HeadBlade.com.

Also, feel free to interact with our community here at SBG, at http://Facebook.com/HeadBlade, or http://Twitter.com/HeadBlade.  We'd love to hear from a new user, and give any helpful tips on our products.

Keep up the good look!
Eric

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
Awesome.  Welcome to the HeadBlade family, MrBear!  I love hearing people's first impression, good or bad, when first trying the HeadBlade.  I remember being a bit hesitant when I first tried the Classic too.... I just didn't trust myself pushing a razor across my scalp.  But after 2-3 shaves, I never looked back. 

I'm a big fan of the TripleBlades, but a lot of guys swear by Atra's or our Doubles.  Really up to what works best for you.  I'd say if what you're doing works, stick with it. 

HeadSlick definitely makes the blades glide easier, so I'm happy to hear you like it.  We've got travel sizes too, so you don't have to buy a brand new bottle at your destination (which I did plenty of times before discovering the 2oz. Travel Kit).  You can browse our entire grooming line at http://HeadBlade.com.

Also, feel free to interact with our community here at SBG, at http://Facebook.com/HeadBlade, or http://Twitter.com/HeadBlade.  We'd love to hear from a new user, and give any helpful tips on our products.

Keep up the good look!
Eric
Headblade is mailing me some doubles to try out. I'm pretty excited to give it another whirl
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

backseatview

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »
Hmmm I can not make myself go out and buy one of these! I want to try though but if I dont like it then Im stuffing another razor in a box under the bathroom sink... What to do

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 03:01:08 PM »
Hmmm I can not make myself go out and buy one of these! I want to try though but if I dont like it then Im stuffing another razor in a box under the bathroom sink... What to do

Try it,  If you don't like it.  Pass it on to another member on the board.

Offline suckerv

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:48 PM »
I guess the Headblade works for certain head shapes and not so much for others.  For some reason, when I use to shave with it, it would always skip on my head, resulting in one of the worst cuts I have ever had.  It went so deep that now I have a permanent scar and no hair grows out of that spot, lol.

Offline Eric@HeadBlade

• HeadBlading since '05
  • Sly Jr.
  • Marketing Manager, HeadBlade
    • HeadBlade
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »
suckerv... sorry to hear that!  Cuts are never fun, especially if they leave a permanent mark.  Typically, when guys cut themselves using HeadBlade, it's the result of improper technique.  I know when I first started, I had a few nicks in the back of my head and thought it was something wrong with the product.  But once I talked to a few guys, and figured out that NO pressure was needed on the blade, it's been smooth sailing (pun intended) ever since.

One of the reasons we put wheels on the HeadBlade Sport was to make it even clearer that you need two points of contact at all times (the blade and the back pad/wheels).  Were you using the Classic or the Sport?  Doubles or Triple Blades?

Sorry to hear about your experience.  If you ever want to give it another go, let me know!