Author Topic: Just Tried Headblade  (Read 7315 times)

usmcpelon

Re: Just Tried Headblade
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 02:02:19 PM »
After hearing so many wonderful things about the Headblade, I finally purchase it on Tuesday and tried it for the first time this morning.  I was very disappointed with it becuase I had so many cuts and irritation that I cursed it and almost dump it in the trash.  I might have gone overboard, but I was extremely unhappy and frustrated with it.  I have been shaving my head since September 2009 and got the hang of it very quickly.  The top of my head got used to it so quickly and never had any cuts unless I missed a day.  I love the Personna M5 because I never get any cuts. 

What is it that I am doing that is making me cut myself so much?  I'm a barber and I know how to handle a straight-edge razor very well, let alone a regular razor.  Help. 

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 02:15:44 PM »
Which blades are you using?  I couldn't get the Atra style cartridges to work for me.   I use the Sensor3 style.  That's the great thing about the HB.  You have tons of options for cartridges.  I love it, because my favorite razor is the Mach3.  Cost of a package of 4 blades is around 12-15 bucks.  With the HB, I can use Custom Plus 3 cartridges and they cost me around 4 for 5 bucks.  A third of the cost!  And I believe the blade design is exactly the same as the Mach3.  I can shave in the shower quicker.  And I get a closer shave.  Probably because I'm not trying to stretch the life of a cartridges.  I change mine out every Sunday.  Plus I don't feel like a contortionist when I shave.   It is amazing the shave you get with proper technique and the right cartridge for you.  O0

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »
I've been using the HB for close to a month now.  Only one nick.  For the last week I've been using the Custom 3 disposable blades on the HB with Headslick applied with a shaving brush for both dome and face. I think they shave better than the HB triples, and clog less.   I use a Mach 3 my face.  I go slow, but I still get all shaved in about 6-8 min.  After a cold rinse, wichhazel and Nutrogena aftershave balm, I'll go over any rough spots with the Mach 3 while the aftershave balm is still slick.   I use only my right hand with the HB.  I don't think I could use my left and not get a cut.   

parksie

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »
I have found when using the head blade preparation is key if the skin/hair on the head is not soft enough or the shaving cream or gel does not have a lot of lubracity the shave will generally not be that good. 3 things that I can recommend is get a good exfoliating scrub a shaving brush and a good shaving cream. Remember Keep pressure on the back of the headblade but not the front. I have been using the headblade for around 2 years now and even still I get the occasional bad shave.

Offline MrBear

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
Here's my routine.
I wash my head with hot water and "Body Essence wash with Tea Tree Oil" from Walmart. I then lather up with Head Slick (which is AWESOME!) really good.
One thing I noticed here when I use the Head Blade is that I have it on my middle finger but my other fingers are raised up so the only pressure at all is a little from the middle finger. Sounds weird I know but that's what works for me. I know each person is different.

Offline Stormin Norm

• Team Sly
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »
Headblade WIA.  A few weeks ago, after consuming too much coffee, I used my headblade and cut myself in 3 spots-yipes.  I won't do that again and the fellas who said to take it easy with it were/are 100% correct.  RazorX had great advice when one cuts himself.  He said have an electric to shave the cut spots till it heals.  Great tip man-thanks!

Still I really like this gizmo. O0

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
I've been using the Headblade for 3 years and after using double that came with my replacement for awhile and then using up my triples I've come to the conclusion that the triples suck, the doubles provide a much better shave and I'm really impressed with the HB double blades.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
I've been using the Headblade for 3 years and after using double that came with my replacement for awhile and then using up my triples I've come to the conclusion that the triples suck, the doubles provide a much better shave and I'm really impressed with the HB double blades.
just got a pack of the doubles. gonna try them tomorrow. I hope they are as good as you say they are!
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline suckerv

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »
I was using the Sport (that's the one with the wheels, right?).  I'm pretty sure I was using the correct technique, but the back of my head has some weird lumps so I think whenever I went for another pass too quickly, that's when it would skip.  It's all good though, I've found the perfect razor for shaving!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
well just tried the headblades double blades, the shave was smooth but the razor burn is horrible. and the moisturizer samples they sent me just made my head burn. :(
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
just got a pack of the doubles. gonna try them tomorrow. I hope they are as good as you say they are!
well just tried the headblades double blades, the shave was smooth but the razor burn is horrible. and the moisturizer samples they sent me just made my head burn. :(

You got to go easy, the doubles don't drag as much and make sure your prep is to the T, I sometimes get a little irritation in the back....Morthen I say this in all truth, it took my scalp about 2 and half years to get used to running the doubles.

Oh yeah get some Clearhead....use it, Love it because it's the da'Bomb !!! ( yes I said da'Bomb )

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

You got to go easy, the doubles don't drag as much and make sure your prep is to the T, I sometimes get a little irritation in the back....Morthen I say this in all truth, it took my scalp about 2 and half years to get used to running the doubles.

Oh yeah get some Clearhead....use it, Love it because it's the da'Bomb !!! ( yes I said da'Bomb )
alright thanks man, i'll try to stick with it
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline MrBear

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
You know whats weird?
For about 2 years now I've had back of the neck acne/breakout issues.
I started shaving my head completely for 4 weeks now and it's cleared up.
Lovin' it.
Don't understand it.......but lovin' it!
 :) O0