Author Topic: 23 years old and look like a 35 year old  (Read 19724 times)

marty22

Re: 23 years old and look like a 35 year old
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 11:13:21 AM »
you're deed is done and correct. Keep it clean.

usmcpelon

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010, 12:29:01 PM »
Big improvement, you don't look 35 at all in fact you look alot younger bald.  Most people can believe I'm 51, but I am and going on 52 net January.  Going bald changed alot of things for me not just looking younger.  The bald look has opened up alot of opportunities for me and I'm jus enjoy it alot.  Glad you decided to go bald.  You'll never regret it and wished you had done it sooner.  Good luck.

MikeInPdx

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
Looks good on you....congratulations! :)

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
Lookin great, bro: you suit the SLY look, in the opinion of a 'really ancient' 39 year old anyway  ;)

O0

MikeInPdx

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »
Lookin great, bro: you suit the SLY look, in the opinion of a 'really ancient' 39 year old anyway  ;)

O0

Guess that makes me prehistoric at 42!  :*))

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2010, 06:30:40 AM »
I was feeling pretty good yesterday, so I decided to go shopping and ended up buying a whole new summer wardrobe to compliment my new look.  The best part of it was I managed to do it without wearing my hat and with all the confidence in the world.

I ended up going to an outdoor mall simply because I wanted to get some sun on the dome and I managed to not fry myself, so mission accomplished there. 

Only thing left to complete my look is a nice pair of shades.  Been hunting around and I'm thinking a pair of Oakley's.  I've been putting off buying them because they're pretty pricey for a pair of sunglasses, but I think the newfound confidence merits the purchase!

Day 3 and still feeling euphoric.  Thanks for all the support guys.
Sly since May 21, 2010!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
Hey Drew !  I am happy for You !

Post new pics in your new summmer wardrobe !  Sounds like you adjusted to SLY very well !  Awesome Job !  ----Stasiu

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »
People look much older when there bald/thinning on top versus when they shave their head. So I'd say shave your head and you'll be alot more confident in being 23.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 09:01:03 AM »
million times improvement, wow you look awesome, you should keep it slick.

Alright guys..  UPDATE TIME

Just did it like 10 minutes ago.  Literally took me like an hour to do, but its finally done.

I think it looks good.  Its a little on the pale side, but nothing some sun won't fix.

Also, I've got a question.  It's a little dark on the sides, you can't really see it in the pix, but is it normal for the first few times for some of the stubble to be so stubborn?  Or am I just a terrible shaver?   Like I said before I was using the HeadBlade and it was a brand new razor so I'm convinced its either just me or my head.

I mean its not terrible, but I would like it to be a more uniform bald.

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »
Drew!  You are rockin' the look, dude!  Welcome to your new improved life and life style!  O0 
I am so happy for you!

(Oh to be 23, or 33 or4-.... :/O)

Offline Dangerous Razor

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
Dude, you look like a 23 year old guy who is losing his hair.  You'll look like you're 23 until you are 24 and anyone who tells you different is either an a$$hole or just stupid.  Even though your hair is thinning the skin on your scalp will have a downy younger look than someone who has thinning hair later in life.  Be glad that you're growing up at a time when baldness is cool, it was hard for me to appreciate that when I had your hairline at 23 years of age back when hair bands ruled the rock n roll world.

marty22

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
drew h---u look great!

Offline TNBaldRay

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
Looks great man! Like the others have said - you look younger and better! Way to go man! Good choice.

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »
Trust me shave it off. Im 26 years old and have been shaving my head for over 6 years, so do the math. I was just like you, hiding under hats, I was always the hat guy. In fact, I was voted "most likely to be first bald" in high school. Sad huh? Start by using slippers with a 1 attachment, then go down to no attachment. Soon you will realize that its much easier and faster to just shave it smooth! I use the Headblade and I looove it. Just go for it, its just hair, and like they said if u don't like it it will grow back (in places). You will look much younger with no hair and the sly look. Go for it! O0
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

marty22

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »
welcome!