Author Topic: 23 years old and look like a 35 year old  (Read 19725 times)

GASlick

Re: 23 years old and look like a 35 year old
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 09:01:31 PM »
Agree, shaving will make you look younger.  People are always guessing I'm 5-7 years younger than I actually am!

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »
23 years old and look like a 35 year old

You say that like it's a bad thing  :x!

Like everyone else said.  JUST DO IT!  Nothing holding you back but fear  >:D

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »

You say that like it's a bad thing  :x!

Haha I meant no disrespect to you 30 somethings (or even the older guys who are fortunate enough to look younger!).  I just don't look or feel like a 23 year old.  I'm missing out on my college years!

But anyway yeah thanks for the support guys.  Good to see some confirmations that I will look better and younger.  I can't see it being any worse, like some of you pointed out. Worst case scenario is nothing changes and I still wear my dingy old hats, right?  Best case scenario is I lose the emotional baggage.  So I'm going to do it.
Sly since May 21, 2010!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 09:12:08 PM »
Check out the Before and After Gallery and take note of how virtually everyone there looks better in the "after" photo:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?action=gallery;cat=2

And, BTW you can buy HeadBlades in Rite-Aid.  Just be careful when you use it; it takes a little time and skill to get the hang of it.

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »
Haha I always wondered what Neil Strauss looked like pre-sly.

He's the reason I actually started considering this after I read some of his stuff and watched him do a few talk shows. 

You're right..  pretty much everyone in that gallery looks a million times better.
Sly since May 21, 2010!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:23 PM »
Go for the shave! you're going to look GREAT!!  O0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »
I was just messin with you  ;)  I'm with Razor on the Headblade.  I'd even venture to tell you to get the Sensor 3 cartridge.  I've tried the Headblade ones,  Atra II's,  and Sensor Excels.  Sensor 3's are WAY more forgiving.  I'd probably tell you to use your regular razor for your first go.  Then after you get familiar with your "topography" use the headblade.
'

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »
Go for it dude :)! Your head size should be fine as mines 7 1/2, so its more or less the same size, check out my pic's in my older posts O0. Although its nothing to worry about as like all of the guys off here, you'll look cool and sly!

Good luck for when your HB arrives.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
That first time you shave it's going to be a confusing whirlwind of surprise, excitement, and apprehension.  Just keep your head and you'll soon get used to that new guy in the mirror. 

Stick it out for 30 days and I can say with high confidence that you'll love it!  I never did the "30 day trial"; it took me about half that time to realize that bald is my "destined" look.  And it's awesome  O0
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
Agree, shaving will make you look younger.  People are always guessing I'm 5-7 years younger than I actually am!

I can beat that... people guess about 10-15 years younger -- don't I wish.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

MikeInPdx

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »
Definitely keep us posted.

Your hairline looks like mine did at 23; I wish I would have had the guts to get rid of it then for the long haul, instead of shaving it, letting it grow, and fussing until I was about 30. Keep the facial hair for the time being and I'm betting you like what you see when you're done with the Headblade.  O0

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
Drew you're wasting so much time putting too much thought into this.
There's no need to wait for your HeadBlade to arrive. Take out any fresh blade and give your head a quick once-over.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 06:50:37 PM »

:*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

I think I remember how it feels to look like a 35 year old. Wait a damn minute. Where's my walker?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2010, 06:21:47 AM »
I recommend the shave.  I chose an other option...and look at me now!!!

P.S.

The countdown to being bagless is on, my friends!
why are you setting a date? let me tell you from experience, I've only been sly for 2 days and its been the best two days Ive had in over a year. I agonized with my MPB hairline for over a year while lurking this site, just go for it man

Also to Drew, you should try shaving aswell I think you would look great with it. Worst case scenario you don't like it, it grows back  O0
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
Alright guys..  UPDATE TIME

Just did it like 10 minutes ago.  Literally took me like an hour to do, but its finally done.

I think it looks good.  Its a little on the pale side, but nothing some sun won't fix.

Also, I've got a question.  It's a little dark on the sides, you can't really see it in the pix, but is it normal for the first few times for some of the stubble to be so stubborn?  Or am I just a terrible shaver?   Like I said before I was using the HeadBlade and it was a brand new razor so I'm convinced its either just me or my head.

I mean its not terrible, but I would like it to be a more uniform bald.

Thoughts and comments welcome!
Sly since May 21, 2010!