Author Topic: MR. CLEAN'S goal  (Read 18103 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
MR. CLEAN'S goal
« on: March 24, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »
Yo, its been going solid now for a few weeks.  Good workouts, with a reliance dietarily on white meat Turkey and chicken.  Add to this that I have given up all Alcoholic products (Beer, Mixed Drinks, Cough Sirup, etc.) untill I hit 210.  Goal: 215  Current Weight: 235  Starting Weight (about 2 weeks ago): 240

Program: 1 Hour 3 Days a Week Weights, 1/2 Hour 3 Days a Week Stationary Bike on Cardio Setting, 1 Hour 2 Days a week Stationary Bike..., [currently] 1 mile on dirt track 5 days a week, 2 days a week Alternative Days [Pull Ups, Sit Ups, Push Ups, Roman Chair]
Total Workout Time: M/W/F: 2-3 HOURS  T/TH: 1 1/2 HOURS-2 HOURS; All in the Morning around Seven

All I can say is you never really truely appreciate a Ice Cold Beer untill you can't have one!

Peace

jusbnme

Re: MR. CLEAN'S goal
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »
Good for you bro.  O0  I'm also working out as of about a month ago.  It's not a real strict thing for me even though I should be more serious with it.  I started working out since I'm trying to get into the fire department.  I know if I make it to the academy they will work the hell out of me enough but I figured why not be a little prepared for it.  I was around 235 about a month ago when I started working out.  I've never really been into working out so, honestly , I really don't know what I'm doing.  But I'm taking sort of easy so I don't hurt myself.  I went out and bought a utility bench about a month ago which is basically like a sit up bench that can adjust from sitting up straight to laying flat like a work out bench.  Then I bought a few sets of dumb bells.  I did this to save a little money instead of buying an expensive work out bench, bar, and weights.  It makes things a little harder because when I lay back to do a press with the dumb bells I have to really concentrate so that I keep things even.  But it makes me more focused.  I find, which people have told me I would, that I get a better range of motion with the dumb bells in my work out versus a full bar.  Especially doing a press because I can let my arms come down further since there is no bar to hit my chest.  There were a few people who guided me to use this method with the dumb bells and the utility bench.  I had never heard of it before so I hope I'm not hurting myself.  But anyway, I work out with my weights every other day basically.  I do some presses, curls, squats, butterflies, and basically whatever else I can think of to do with the dumb bells.  Then on the days I don't use the weights I go for a walk around the neighborhood with my son.  I'm fluctuate between 218 and 222 right now.  If I would get more serious about it and start eating a little better I could for sure get the weight I want which is somewhere between 200 and 215.  I just can't help it.  I love to eat!!!  I gave up smoking a year ago when my son was born and I barely have touched alcohol since then also.  I may have a mix drink or a beer rarely if we go out.  I have to have something damn it.  So I guess my thing is food. 

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 06:16:34 AM »
Lance, as a free weight freak I can tell you that you don't need too much besides the weights and a bench really.   If you are serious about continuing but unsure about the types of exercises for each body part, see if you can get your hands on a book from Gold's Gym that shows pictures and describes each exercise.  Muscle and Fitness magazine also has good workout guides but they will not cover everything in a single issues or issues. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 06:49:19 AM »
Lance, as a free weight freak I can tell you that you don't need too much besides the weights and a bench really.   If you are serious about continuing but unsure about the types of exercises for each body part, see if you can get your hands on a book from Gold's Gym that shows pictures and describes each exercise.  Muscle and Fitness magazine also has good workout guides but they will not cover everything in a single issues or issues. 

Thanks a whole lot Paul.   O0  Where exactly do you think I could pick one of those books up at?  Just at the gym itself or maybe a book store?  Thanks for the info. bro.  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 04:00:14 PM »
Way to go Mr. Clean! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »
Yo, its been going solid now for a few weeks.  Good workouts, with a reliance dietarily on white meat Turkey and chicken.  Add to this that I have given up all Alcoholic products (Beer, Mixed Drinks, Cough Sirup, etc.) untill I hit 210.  Goal: 215  Current Weight: 235  Starting Weight (about 2 weeks ago): 240

Program: 1 Hour 3 Days a Week Weights, 1/2 Hour 3 Days a Week Stationary Bike on Cardio Setting, 1 Hour 2 Days a week Stationary Bike..., [currently] 1 mile on dirt track 5 days a week, 2 days a week Alternative Days [Pull Ups, Sit Ups, Push Ups, Roman Chair]
Total Workout Time: M/W/F: 2-3 HOURS  T/TH: 1 1/2 HOURS-2 HOURS; All in the Morning around Seven

All I can say is you never really truely appreciate a Ice Cold Beer untill you can't have one!

Truer words were never spake. Wait a minute, cough syrup.?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »

Thanks a whole lot Paul.   O0  Where exactly do you think I could pick one of those books up at?  Just at the gym itself or maybe a book store?  Thanks for the info. bro.  O0

Sorry Lance, missed this thread somehow.  Book is called Gold's Gym Training Encyclopedia and you can get it on Amazon.  Saw used copies for as low as 92 cents.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »
Sorry Lance, missed this thread somehow.  Book is called Gold's Gym Training Encyclopedia and you can get it on Amazon.  Saw used copies for as low as 92 cents.   

Thanks for the info bro.  O0  I'll definitely be checking into it. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:31:52 PM by Lance »

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »
Currently, No major Weight Loss, But a pretty significant loss in Inches around the waist... Fitting into shirts I have not worn for a solid three/four months.  Man life is Good  ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 !i#t
Peace

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »
Keep up the good work, Mr. Clean.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 06:10:55 PM »
Currently, No major Weight Loss, But a pretty significant loss in Inches around the waist... Fitting into shirts I have not worn for a solid three/four months.  Man life is Good  ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0 O0 !i#t

Yeah bro, it's the same with me.  It's kind of weird to me because I really don't know much about exercising and dieting so I really don't know how much I'm supposed to lose and when.  But I have noticed that I really haven't lost much weight at all but my waist line has tightened up.  I'm wearing older pants that wouldn't have fit me months ago. 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
Just Killin' time before I go in for one of the Biggest Exams of my life: ASVAB+FULL MILITARY PHYSICAL.  Right now I believe that I can make the Physical requirements, but I am waiting till the end of the month to get some good weeks in before I go in, always better to overshoot your goal than to undershoot it.  Wearing Gear that makes me look dope lately, feel good that I am looking so much better, it definately helps me role better with the Bald Look.  First of next month, I should have a Update on whether I made the requirments, and what I scored on the Big Exam...

Lance, I stoped looking/caring about what the scale said... I just workout, knowing that I am looking better and getting more fit.  Who gives a rip about weight, I would prefere a Stalky 235 to a skinny 215.  Got to be built for both Show and Go!  Looks like you are well on your way as well! 
Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 11:21:16 AM »
First day of real weight progress... droped weight, down to about 230lbs.  That even though I spent the Holiday weekend up in prescott with my parents eating nothing but home cooked Everything.  To speak the truth though, my parents eat alot healthier than they use to, so it was nothing all to devistating; all except for the numerous slices of my Mom's Home Made Lemon Merang (forgive me if the spelling is wrong on Merang) Pie.  Man you can taste the difference between store bought and Home Made!

All I got to say is HELL YA!  The work has started paying dividends!  Looking Slier than Ever, and Feelin' like I am finally back into the SuperHero Form!  Again, thanks everybody for the awesome support!  Work Hard, Rock Harder!  8)
Peace

BALDANDRE

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »
Congrats on the progress dude...I know how good it feels to make progress...

When i started working out about 6 yrs ago, I used the bald head (and went "mr. Clean with no facial hair) as motivation to loose weight...since I have a chubby face and the scraped clean look only enhanced it....

it helped.... nothin' to hide behind...

I recommend going the full monty "Mr. Clean" route (of no hair/no facial hair) when someone is trying to loose weight and get into muscle shape...it's great motivation...

and you can't hide behind ANYTHING!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »
Rock on!!!
I know this is  0~~ but if you want to talk about Lemon Merinque Pie, how about a Lemon Meringue Pie Martini? I posted this drink recipe quite sometime ago, but your note made me remember I hadn't made this in a while. This is clearly a dessert martini, but it does pack a nice little punch to it (recipe makes two drinks):
2 shots Vanilla vodka
2 shots Triple Sec
2 shots sweet & sour mix
3 shots of Half & Half Cream

Combine all ingredients and shake over ice. Strain into two chilled martini glasses. Your significant other will thank you, and you'll be on your way to a great evening.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.