Author Topic: MR. CLEAN'S goal  (Read 18100 times)

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: MR. CLEAN'S goal
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 12:27:58 PM »
I was going with small meals every 2-3 hours.  I have lost a good amount of fat, my BMI is looking alot better, at the same token, I need to be loosing the lbs, and that just is not happening... I am just cutting back on the meals, I have already cut down enough on how much I eat.  Drinking alot of tea as well... That helps because its a awesome sub for soda, but by the same token, I know Green tea helps raise your matabolism as well.  "Skull"  dr!#k
Peace

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »
OK... I could not help but check out the progress on the scale with 1week down w/out bread/beer/etc... 

10LBS GONE BABY!!!! 

10 More and I am Money Baby!  Ya!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Again, Thanks to ya'll for all the support... This is one Sly Guy that is by far not as Great without the Advice/Aid of his Sly Brothers!!!   ;D O0
Peace

BALDANDRE

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 02:56:27 PM »
Sweet dude...just keep changing things up in the direction of weightloss and muscle building, you'll do great!

It'll soon be the LEAN, MEAN, MR. CLEAN!!

Congrats bro! 8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »
Yosp, I hear you 100%.  I am trying to stay positive.  It is not that I have not been seeing results, I mean if it is any indication that I have lost a good amount of Body Fat % and have put on some muscle, its the fact that the ladies are saying that I am looking better than ever, in combo with the fact that I have yet to loose really a solid pound.  Still bouncing at around 233-235.  Its hard when you feel great about loosing the Fat, but then you jump on the scale and the results [from the scale] that you have been going for are just not coming.  I have finally given up the Bread.  Now I am basically on Corn Tortillas (isn't that bad, I am Hispanic so its not a hard change from what I grew up with) & White meats.  That and Cereal in the morning.  I have cut back on the meals, from four to five to a solid three, with one apple cut up to be snacked on through the day as I get cravings for something.  Still running, Biking, & Lifting.  I am hoping that with the final sacrifice that I had yet to make [giving up bread], that the lbs will finally start falling off. 
Lets see, I have given up:
SODA/ENERGY DRINKS
CARBINATED DRINKS
BREAD
BEER
ALCOHOL
FAST FOOD
FATTY FOOD

I:
WORK OUT CONSISTANTLY & HARD
I AM DRINKING IN EXCESS OF 1&1/2 GALLONS OF WATER PER DAY
I DO NOT OWN A CAR, SO I BIKE EVERYWHERE [IN EXCESS OF 1 HOUR A DAY]

Its just hard.  Some can give up half of what I have and loose the weight.  I guess this is just one of those tests that the lord is putting me through to see how much I want the Coast Guard.  Well, I will give up everything to get to the Coast...

I am resolved.  What does not kill me makes me stronger.  I will just work harder, & let the dissappointment fuel me in the gym.  Just got to relax, Stress is a factor for weight gain [maybe a factor for weight retention]. 

Welcome to my world, Mr. Clean.  I understand and share your frustration.  I have been working my a-- off for nearly three years now, harder than I've ever worked in my life.  I've gone from 28% body fat to 19%.  I am a lot fitter than I've ever been.  I've built up a lot of muscle, but the scale hasn't budged much and it is frustrating.  And I'm still struggling to get those washboard abs.   It was a lot easier to shed pounds when I was younger.  At least you've still got youth on your side.

If I can offer you some unsolicited advice, the one crucial error you may be making is cutting back on your meals.  You should eat six small meals a day to keep your glycemic levels steady and avoid the peaks and valleys that occur on a 3-meal-a-day regimen.  By eating more often, you keep your metabolism working constantly.  You'll feel more full and less likely to overindulge.   

Try to eat some protein with every meal.  It slows down the absorption of the carbs and keeps you feeling full longer.   It can be difficult to get more protein into your diet.  I'd suggest that you start the day with 5 or 6 egg whites (the cleanest and most complete form of protein you can find, and no fat since the fat is all in the yolk) and a slice of whole wheat toast.  A protein shake (I like Myoplex) in the midmorning can keep you going until lunchtime.  Try a little peanut butter with that apple - it provides some protein and some "good" fat.   You don't need to give up carbs, just cut back a bit and try to eat whole grains while avoiding processed carbs like white bread, white rice, white pasta. 

Hang in there.  I know it's hard, but I know you can do it.  I wish I were 22 again; I'd probably have had these last few pounds off by now.  Good luck!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
Razor, thanks for the advice.  I am familiar with the Five/Six Meals rule, I was rockin' that the past few months, made it easy to tighten up my BMI... At the same token, the weight was just not dropping.  As soon as I get down to my desired weight [215, my old wrestling weight in High School], i'll be back to five small meals a day, and with Enlistment following, it will be easier to afford the good food to maintain a proper diet. 

I am a HUGE protein addict.  I am a fan of the Charred Animal Flesh [ )-m]  That is not a problem.  My key problem was a few months back when I injured myself doing something EXTREMELY LAME, and I could not hit up the Gym for a few months.  Fell out of my routine.  I'm back to it, I just have to maintain my routine, eat proper, etc...

Another thing that I find helping me and it may help you as well:
Getting ready for the day, I know that I am a MAJOR Grazer... I work with that, so I cut up a Whole apple into about 8-10 wedges.  Now I recommend a Apple of Larger size.  I proceed to snack on those through the day when I get a Craving and I am not close to my Meal schedule.  Its REALLY helped me out, because a slice of apple is so much better for you than a soda or a thing of chips as I'm sure you know.

Be young at heart, and your good as I see it.  The younger you are, the more active you will be, thats all you need later in life... Thanks for the advice Bro!
Peace

jusbnme

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:50 PM »
OK... I could not help but check out the progress on the scale with 1week down w/out bread/beer/etc... 

10LBS GONE BABY!!!! 

10 More and I am Money Baby!  Ya!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Again, Thanks to ya'll for all the support... This is one Sly Guy that is by far not as Great without the Advice/Aid of his Sly Brothers!!!   ;D O0

Way to go bro.  Keep up the good work.   O0

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
Alright...
I have good news, and it is not that I saved money because I switched my car insurance to Guyco... The good News is that I have reached my goal... for the first time In what I would guess would be around a year, I am at 215lbs... This also means that I can proceed and [finally] take the long awaited physical & ASVAB exam; then proceed to sign the papers and Enlist in the Coast Guard.

It has been a rough 2 or so months... some ups, alot of downs [missing the flavor of good beer & booze for one!]; But I definitly want to say that I could not have done this without you guys behind me.  There were a few moments back there where I hit a plateau, & if it was not for the support, advice, and help from you guys I might have.  I lost a good 20lbs in a little short of a month!  In large thanks to ya'll, my brothers. 

The offer stands that If any of ya'll are in my neck of the woods, please hit me up so I can buy a round and enjoy the occasional beverage with good Buds. Speaking of which, I will be in Chicago visiting family around the time of the Taste of Chicago... anyone in that area please hit me up for a round on me!

Thanks my Brothers!  stay Sly, Bald, and Proud.  O0 O:O
Peace

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 01:38:55 PM »
Congrats Bro on the accomplishment O0 O0

Good Luck in the Coast Guard and keep up the exercising, feels great doesn't it...

BALDANDRE

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 08:37:22 AM »
Congrats ,my "Mr. Clean" bald brutha!

Nice to hear after all the effort you put into it...keep it up and don't let it creep back to the old weight...

also don't forget to reward yourself with a nice brew or two to keep things nice and balanced...

just like your bald head and bald face O0

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 05:54:41 PM »
Alright...
I have good news, and it is not that I saved money because I switched my car insurance to Guyco... The good News is that I have reached my goal... for the first time In what I would guess would be around a year, I am at 215lbs... This also means that I can proceed and [finally] take the long awaited physical & ASVAB exam; then proceed to sign the papers and Enlist in the Coast Guard.

Congratulations!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
Brothers, had the taste of premium, Guilt Free Beer in my system last night... All is right in the world!  O0

But as far as going back, I don't forsee it in my future, all I see is alot more fun in the gym in the morning!
Peace