Author Topic: Journey to Sly  (Read 7627 times)

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
Journey to Sly
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »
Just figured I'd give update on my way to sly. I posted a picture in my original topic while I was trying to decide. I feel like I am moving in the right direction. I have realized after looking a picture of me a few weeks back that I a have changed my looks dramatically.  Not the best photos taken by self with camera phone, but you will get the point.

2 weeks ago

Last week

Today

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
Re: Journey to Sly
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »
Gets better and better!
MikeC

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »
Looking good O0  But you don't say how you feel about it.  The goal is how you feel, and you should feel great, maybe a little-"Who's the dude in the mirror?" right now, but a lot better than when you started. 

usmcpelon

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »
Congratulations! The transformation is awesome.  You look great. I can see the glow in your face.  I know it’s made you happier then before.  You look amazing although I can see a slight shadow on the side.  If you haven’t taken the razor and shave it smooth, I think this is the time to do so.  You look a lot better then before.  

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
No I haven't taken the razor to it yet, but I am going to. I keep saying that but I kinda got a time frame in mind. As for how I feel about it. I like it, I can't see me ever letting in grow back out. The wife even made a comment that if I am going to keep that look I won't have to spend $$ at the barber anymore. Not the "I like the way you look" but at least it was a approval. I do like it though, I can tell that I am not worried about it like I had in the past. It is more of a this is me and this is who I am. It has been a weight of my shoulders.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
Wives, significant others, partners--& family in general can be a problem.  You're really fortunate to have a wife who seems to understand what this can do to a guy--"weight on my shoulders" is a good description. 
She sounds like she may come around and be positive.  You can't understand how much many of us would like the same support, but don't get it, toleration, and an occasional flare up is the best some of us get.  Congratulations on an understanding wife. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
Man you look so much better. And you can bet nobody is talking about your thinning hair wisps anymore.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 03:38:14 PM »
You're gettin' there.    O0

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
Looking MUCH better!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:19:22 PM »
Lookin' good, almost there, guy!  O0

Like Saintc said, you've got it easy; you only have to concern yourself with you and not your wonderful understanding wife.  It's a huge head trip for some folks, and she's there with you!  You, my friend, are blessed, probably more than you know!  O:O

When it's time, do it and enjoy the moment!   8)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:58 PM »
Wow what a great transformation!  Take it down to bare wood -- the sooner you take that final step the sooner you'll understand how great it feels.    You look great in your transformed to picture.  You're no longer a guy who's losing his hair.   

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
Looks good south, what a difference!.

You've taken control, and I know you feel much better. You said "a weight has been lifted". It's really true.

Many of us have had that same feeling. I echo what Todd said, once you go down to the skin, that's when you'll feel the ultimate freedom, something I like to call "slydom".      ;)

Enjoy the new you.    O0 

Offline Mikemc411

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
In my recent experience... going down to the #1 blade, got more "response" and "Reaction" at work then when I finally shaved it smooth....

I'm glad I took the last step... I was already used to my head shape in the mirror by the time I went smooth.....

You won't regret it!!!

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 04:21:04 AM »
You are on the right way, next step shave it smooth
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 06:14:42 AM »
I think you went the right way.  Don't worry.  I went a few months with the buzz before I went slick .  Definitely an improvement.  Take your time and get used to it.  I like slick because it's less mess and time than clippers.  Plus I like the feeling of rubbing my freshly shaved  head,  smoooooooth! 8)