Author Topic: Journey to Sly  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Re: Journey to Sly
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 07:27:51 AM »
Off with your head!

Or, off with what's still there in the upper hair regions, where the air is thin, the rocks are-lichen covered, and snow lies late.  Would Mt. Everest put up with stubble?  Ming rests his case.  Let the wind blow unimpeded.  You'll love the sensation.  There's a difference in how it feels even after a transition from very short to fully shaven.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59:14 AM »
I agree with the other guys.  The transformation took years off your look.  Just think, You're only one step away from freedom. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »
Get it all - - -You sure look better - - - -Just one more step and you are  SLY BALD
Welcome

Offline Xanwolf1337

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
Looks very smart mate O0! Like the others said, you seem happier in each picture :).

Offline lifeinthesouth

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 05:48:42 AM »
Thanks guys, I feel better this way. I am starting to get the itch to take it down smooth. I realized that this morning as I was doing my morning routine to get ready for work. I am a little concerned about a skin rash though from shaving. I am looking for a good product to use to keep that from happening.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »

I am starting to get the itch to take it down smooth.

So scratch it.  ;)

I am a little concerned about a skin rash though from shaving. I am looking for a good product to use to keep that from happening.

Be sure to shower before shaving, to soften up the hair.  Use a good quality shaving gel and razor and take your time.  Use an astringent like witch hazel when you're through and that should prevent any breakouts.  Try to avoid shaving over the same area repeatedly (some areas are hard to get completely smooth) because that will irritate your skin.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:47 AM »
Thanks guys, I feel better this way. I am starting to get the itch to take it down smooth. I realized that this morning as I was doing my morning routine to get ready for work. I am a little concerned about a skin rash though from shaving. I am looking for a good product to use to keep that from happening.

Once you get to this point, it's REALLY hard not to go the next step to slick smooth.

I promise you it's a whole new level that, once you do it, is nothing like the no guard buzz. After you go for it, you'll have to post how different (or not) it was.

No need to be concerned or to wait to find the right product...the best product to prevent the rash is time...don't rush it the first time. I'm talking set aside a good 30-60 minutes, no interruptions, nowhere to get to, no one bugging you and take it down to the wood.

Start from a tight buzz like you're already sportin' and after (or in) a hot shower, use a fresh, good quality razor and a good shaving cream (a good rule of thumb is use the same products you use to shave your face, except most of us have one razor for the mug and one for the scalp). If you like it, try going against the grain and you'll see even more difference.

A cold water rinse, a little sunscreen and BAM!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
I am starting to get the itch to take it down smooth. I realized that this morning as I was doing my morning routine to get ready for work.

Oh you're getting close to the Sweet Spot--Yield, it will be one of the most memorable moments of your life.  O:O

I am a little concerned about a skin rash though from shaving. I am looking for a good product to use to keep that from happening.

Like the Brothers have said, preparation, then an astringent.  I'd also suggest a after shave balm, Nivea Extreme is great for me.  Then, as has also been said, sunscreen. 
You are really going to like this.   O0

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 09:41:20 AM »
muchbetter, six years ago i was at your current stage, then in june of 2004, i bic'd it

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »
YMMV.  I suggest Kiss My Face shave cream with no scent (a brush is optional, but highly recommended).  NO FOAM IN A CAN!  Here is what I do with great results.  Hot shower.  Let my badger brush soak in a glass of hot water.  Wash head.  Apply hair conditioner(Yes you can use it.  It softens the hair)  Let it sit for a couple of minutes.  Rinse.  Shake extra water out of brush.  Add shave cream. (did I mention don't use a can?)  lather on head till you have a nice smooth foam.  Pick your sword (Fushion, Hydro, Straight Razor, Safety Razor, Butter Knife)  Take your time!  Front to back.  I clean my head with face cleanser/scrub (thanks Mike!).  Re-apply cream in between passes.  DON'T shave on bare skin!  Ask me how I know :D  Back to front.  I then clean up the rough spots.  Rinse off with cold water (just trust me).  Apply aftershave balm/Witchazel/Alum bar.  Don't use anything with Alcohol in it!  ALCOHOL BAD!!!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 05:58:12 PM »
if you are gettin the itch, you just gotta scratch it sooner or later.  the sooner the better.  Looks good now, but wait till you shave it: you won't believe how good you'll feel. O0