Author Topic: Check out the muscles on THIS chick!  (Read 1525 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Check out the muscles on THIS chick!
« on: March 04, 2010, 04:08:20 PM »
Sorry for the subterfuge. I changed the title from The Dietary Supplement Safety Act. Kinda boring and not getting a lot of action. But please read this, anyway. IMO, this is important.

Without making this a politically charged thread (I hope) so that as many of my sly bros can read it as possible I will not name names or point fingers. But I want to encourage all of my sly bros to get involved on this.

There is a thing called The Dietary Supplement Safety Act that is making its way through the Senate. It is also referred to as S3002 or Senate Bill 3002. You can Google this info, in fact, please do that! Read the reaction that this is getting across the web.

I know that there are a lot of us that like to keep fit and probably a large percentage of us that take dietary supplements in order to more effectively pursue that end. The wording of this bill is so nebulous that I can visualize, at some point, having to get a doctor's prescription for One-a Day vitamins. The reason that this bill has come into existence is that one of the co-authors was upset that 6 NFL players were suspended last year for violating the league's banned substances policy and that THEY said they were shocked that this happened because all they did was take legal supplements.

I am NOT starting this thread to call names at any particular senator(s) which is why I have not named any. What I DO want to do with this thread is to encourage all sly bros and all their friends/family/acquaintences to contact their senators and tell them that this is not a bill that their constituents want to be enacted into law.

You can do that by going to the website www.senate.gov and getting the contact information for your 2 senators. This will include e-mail links, office phone numbers in DC and their home states, and office addresses for snail mail. Contact these people and let them know that we want our supplements kept legal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:53:27 PM by buddha »

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Check out the muscles on THIS chick!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:55:02 PM »
Well the good news is the biggest endorser of the bill Sen. McCain backed out of the bill after having a long meeting with Sen. Hatch ( who is a big advocate for health and dietary supplements ) so basically the bill is dead.  ;D