Author Topic: Mental Benefits From Exercise  (Read 1734 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Mental Benefits From Exercise
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
I was listening to Morning Edition on NPR this morning on my way back from the gym.  They had this great story on the benefits to the "Boomer Generation" brains that has been discovered as a result of exercise and use.  Great topic to me because it would seem I'm getting more than strength and cardio benies from the morning workout on the elliptical machine. 
You can read the presentation at:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124118077

Offline slychuck

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Mental Benefits From Exercise
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
i'm with you. i have a 30 mile per week treadmill addiction. i believe it does as much for me mentally as physically.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:44:49 PM »
If nothing else, it's a great stress reliever.

(|8-)

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
I wrote to NPR:
I am 41 years old, a middle-aged adult. Born in 1969, I am not a Baby Boomer. Baby Boomers, now a generation older than the median age, are no longer middle aged. Please stop calling them that--it makes it seem as if NPR doesn't recognize that the rest of us are adults or personally concerned with studies of aging.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 07:28:07 AM »
I wrote to NPR:
I am 41 years old, a middle-aged adult. Born in 1969, I am not a Baby Boomer. Baby Boomers, now a generation older than the median age, are no longer middle aged. Please stop calling them that--it makes it seem as if NPR doesn't recognize that the rest of us are adults or personally concerned with studies of aging.

>:DCareful there, we Boomers are holding on to our "youth" more than any generation before and  >:Dyou young squirts are just going to have to wait your turn, get back in line, NOW.  :x!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
I wrote to NPR:

>:DCareful there, we Boomers are holding on to our "youth" more than any generation before and  >:Dyou young squirts are just going to have to wait your turn, get back in line, NOW.  :x!

And this young squirt is more than happy to wait.  Anyone who calls me middle aged will get knocked on his ass before he knows what's happening.   >:D