Author Topic: Having dark hair, jet black hair - help! lol - I have a perpetual shadow!  (Read 16967 times)

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
Being bald outweighs the shadow for me.  A good tan and a nice shine helps diminish the shadow as well. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Very true, and I agree baldntat. I said it before and I'll say it again; I don't mind the shadow at all, it tells me I will be shaving again soon.
Once you get out there and get some sun and color, the shadow is much less noticeable. 

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
There have been quite a few response already and I don't want to waste time repeating stuff. here are your options as I see them
1.) Accept it
-this involves being a man and not hiding or being ashamed of your shadow
2.) have laser hair removal
- this is permanent and cannot be undone, and it really hurts
3.) Try out one of those epilators(electrical tweezers)
-Supposedly will cause follicle damage, and hair loss, and it really hurts
4.) Make-up
-unless you have a professional do it, you will still appear to have some shadow in well lit areas. and it's messy
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
I have quite a shadow too, but it's just something you get used to, and helps me to know if I'm shaving close enough when it gets lighter.  As others have said, a tan and a shine help to push the shadow into the background. 8)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly

while its not the best thing to have, its better than a horshoe of hair.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
My last post was a lie, I have a pretty evident shadow, but I don't think its a big deal. I kinda like it almost, adds a little more style to the sly look I think
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
It's kind of like that red thing in a turkey that pops up when it's done.  You see the shadow and it's time to shave :)

Offline baldguynextdoor

• Sly Jr.
I think SlyOne and DuffRyder nailed it:  don’t try to hide your MPB.  You're a part of the hairfree fraternity, man -- embrace it!

I have very dark hair and light skin, and my shadow shows almost all the time.  I used to be pretty self-conscious about it, but that faded as I got more comfortable with my Sly noggin.  For me, the best part about going Sly (even better than the excellent haircut) was accepting that going bald is just part of being a guy.   It took a while to get there, but it was a game changer for me.  Everybody can see that I’m losing my hair now, and I couldn’t care less. 

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
It's like I always said before, and I'll say it again: the shadow lets me know I will be shaving again tomorrow, or whenever I choose.    O0

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
here's my shadowfree scalp: is this what you're aiming to?

BALDANDRE

WOW...that's nice Z!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
shadowfree scalp.
cost?

Tweezers, and EPIC patience :P
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
It looks like most all of the options have been presented.  I agree with Rob as the most common and practical (easy) approach- shave close and tan. :)
Since the gray is beginning to come in, lasering is out.  :XX
Z's epil approach is a work of art- if you have the time and patience!  ^-^
If you don't have the patience and can stand the pain (and the growing time in-between, then waxing could be your thing  ???
Finally, accept and enjoy what you have when you're done doing your sly work in the morning and walk out proudly as the Ultimate Sly Guy that you are and greet the world knowing you look your best!  8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:52:01 AM by Nonick »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group

WOW...that's nice Z!

Thank you Andre!  :)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
shadowfree scalp.
cost?

Tweezers, and EPIC patience :P

It's easier to just shave!   :D

Enter your email address: