Author Topic: Tough Guy Reaction  (Read 43833 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Tough Guy Reaction
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »
So, I have another "tough guy" story for you...

I was in Dallas last week and went to a bar with two of my buddies.  While at the bar I went to the bathroom (which is usually required after a couple of brewskis) and accidently bumped a guy when I walked through the door.  I had only had one beer at this point, so I was still sober, but this other guy was pretty drunk.  Before I could apologize he says "Man, your a pretty solid guy, you just moved me a couple of feet.  Do you workout?"  I replied with, "Sorry I bumped you.  Yes, I workout."  He then said, "I would have gotten pissed off at you, but you look mean, so I'm not going to mess with you."  Then he left.

Now, this guy was probably 4 or 5 inches taller than me and probably 30 to 40 pounds heavier than me.  I'm sure he could have squashed me if it really got down to it.  But, thankfully I looked "mean."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »
i have gotten that too , Tyler. but owell, it keeps my from getting my but kicked. haha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
As I was cleaning up after supper, there came a knock at our door.  I went and answered and was met by a young man who offered to come in and demonstrate his Kirby vacuum/carpet cleaner/upholstry shampooer.  I politely told him no thanks (after all the wife already bought me a $1500 Rainbow AND a $1500 Hyla) and he thanked me for my time and left.  I went back in and told my wife about the exchange, and how I was surprised he didn't try a little harder, I mean when was the last time a salesman or telemarketer took NO for an answer.  Then the wife says, "He was probably scared of your bald head!" ;D

Good thing I went to the door, my bald head and "mean" look probably saved me at least a grand!!! ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 09:27:55 PM »
That's funny Medic!  By the way, the last two pics have been mean looking  ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 06:59:30 AM »
most of us "look" mean, but we are probably big teddy bears unless we have to be otherwise. i know i am. only time i will be mean is when you mess with me or my kids.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:17 AM »
most of us "look" mean, but we are probably big teddy bears unless we have to be otherwise. i know i am. only time i will be mean is when you mess with me or my kids.

Yep!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 09:47:23 AM »

I like to ham it up in pictures!  Your new avatar sure looks mean.  I didn't realize it was you at first!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

I like to ham it up in pictures!  Your new avatar sure looks mean.  I didn't realize it was you at first!

LOL!  It's funny because my friend saw the picture and said "that's how other people see you when they first meet you."  I guess he's had a couple people tell him that they thought I was a "tough guy" until they started talking to me and realized I wasn't.

Offline thugbear

• Sly Guy in Training
    • myspace page
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »
well I'ma pretty big guy so not only do I get people telling me I look mean and tought but I also get people asking me if I'm in a gang I guess to some people big bald latino=gangster lol its cool though my mean look keeps me out of trouble
when all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed:marilyn manson

http://www.myspace.com/rockrcub

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 04:18:08 PM »
i'm a bouncer, so the tough guy look helps the gig. however i don't think i'm a tough guy, or at least i ikow i'm not a guy that enjoys fighting... so i can use my verbal skills and calm down most situations.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »
i'm a bouncer, so the tough guy look helps the gig. however i don't think i'm a tough guy, or at least i ikow i'm not a guy that enjoys fighting... so i can use my verbal skills and calm down most situations.

did that for awhile too. had hair then, but i think the experience has kept me out of some fights. just knowing how to keep calm and talk to people. it has also helped a time or two with the ladies. ;) ;)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 05:41:42 PM »
kinda funny how adults are standoffish, but kids are not. i was at the store yesterday and this little girl ( about two or so ) was laughing and waving. the warm smile works with kids because they don't know how to be judgemental. if only their parents wouldn't corrupt them.

Offline bob

• Learning the way of Sly
  • perfection fits
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »
Had a gal this morning at work say that she figured no one would try anything on me.  I was wondering if that was because I was a retired cop, or that I had a polished dome!  Probably a bit of both.  I generally mean business, but have this cop's sick sense of humor, occasionally verging on the ridiculous.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
Paul, the cops have found you! 

Bob, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!! Lookin' Sly, Lookin' Sly!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »
Bob....a warm welcome, sir. 

I generally mean business, but have this cop's sick sense of humor, occasionally verging on the ridiculous.

Well you've come to the right place, my friend.

Enter your email address: