Author Topic: Okay, I've pretty much decided...  (Read 9124 times)

marty22

Re: Okay, I've pretty much decided...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
howdy and welcome!

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
Welcome to the group. Lots of good advice to be found here. I use a "Rolling Razor", Headslick and Bald Guyz Aftershave Gel. Whatever works!
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
Welcome SpiralOut
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline spiralout1123211

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 09:20:35 PM »
Thanks a lot, everyone.  I plan on seeing if I can get someone to buzz my head for cheap in a day or two, then I'll probably shave it with a Fusion I have lying around somewhere (the blades are too tiny to deal with my facial hair, but it seems perfect for my head  :) ).  Can't wait to be done with hair!

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
Welcome to the group Spiral!  You're going to love being sly.   I had my hairdresser buzz my hair with a #2 after peeling rug off.   When I got home I saw how stupid it looked and took out my $25 clippers - pulled the guard, and shaved my head myself (it was actually fulfilling to take it down the "last mile").  I jumped in the shower and used a Fusion.  I went to Walgreens the next day and bought a Headblade Sport and haven't looked back (well except for a few days when I thought I wanted to look like an old man with a horseshoe on his head -- and I quickly slapped myself back into reality and the benefits of a shaved head). 

I only wish I had taken the step that you're taking when I was 25.  But back when I was 25 we used sharp stones to shave as the razor had not yet been invented ;-)  You have the benefit of today's technology.   Post a new picture.  You're going to love the confidence that it brings.   I'm amazed every day at how awesome a shaved head is.

Offline Grr8 Franzini

• Sly Jr.
  • It's Magic!
    • Fit-N-Fit
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »
Welcome Spiral! Glad to have you with us. These forums are great and the guys here couldn't be more helpful and supportive. I too just shaved my head this week. Its a great step. I love it. I am taking it slow right now...shaving with the grain with my fusion razor. Its almost 1 in the morning right now and I am at work until 7 and all I can think about is getting home to get in a nice shave...going to try going with the grain now and hope for the best! Its a great thing when you are this excited for your head! Go for it and make sure you post a pic!

Andy
What's hair got to do with it?

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 03:37:59 AM »
Welcome Spiral!

Yes shave your head and enjoy your life without hinking about hair(loss).
Best wishes  O0

J

Offline surfboardnyc

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »
just do it ... you will look great and feel even better.

Offline spiralout1123211

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
Step 1 complete. 

My $12 buzz (tried to haggle the price down, but they wouldn't budge, oh well...)
vvvv

I got a HeadBlade Sport and some Bald Guyz shave gel.  Gonna seal the deal tomorrow.  I'm excited!  I look way less "weird" than I was expecting (I'm actually happy with how I look without hair).  My little sister was a few miles south of supportive (read: REALLY rude about it  ;D), but she'll come around eventually.  I'll post pics tomorrow.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I apparently have a mole (EXTREMELY sensitive) that looks like it will make shaving really annoying in one area.  Does anyone else have to deal with that?  What do you do?

the mole
vvvv

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »
I had a mole in almost exactly the same spot. Had it removed and biopsied a week after going sly. I strongly suggest you do the same thing. Apart from being in a really awkward place to have to deal with when you shave, you want to make sure there's nothing serious going on with it.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »
Just had one removed in almost that same place, just a little lower.  ;D

Most Dr.'s will do it right in their office.  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
Looks great; a huge improvement over the thinning locks. You'll love it when it's shaved smooth.

Offline dodger

• dodger
  • Sly Jr.
  • after
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 05:09:45 PM »
Welcome

I am much older than you but your experience is what I went through when I was your age

I made a huge mistake:  I tried to hide my baldness with lotions, transplants and hairpieces

Sounds like you are not going to do this-SMART

Now the real you begins and throw the hats away....enjoy the wind that once made you nervous..It's called freedom and you will love it

For shaving, I use the Mach3 Turbo and Gillette Gel; top it off Nivea Cool Balm; shave every other day; the days I don't shave, I use a St Ives moisturizer with aloe and vitamin e after the shower

Good Luck and Stay in touch

steve

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 06:50:02 PM »
Welcome to sly bald guys!  I'm glad Me article was there to help you better your life. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »
Looks great, relax, you're home Sly Guy.  About that mole, probably good advice to have it reviewed by a dr. and he'll probably remove it--that's just from this Sly Guy that's had 8 skin cancers--get them early then no worries.  Damn, it's a good looking dome though.  You really belong with us.