Author Topic: what CVS or Walgreens triple cartridges fit HeadBlade?  (Read 12393 times)

Offline dinosaur1

• Sly Jr.
what CVS or Walgreens triple cartridges fit HeadBlade?
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
I love how the HeadBlade works and I get the best shave using it.  I just don't like spending $8 for a 4 pack of their cartridges.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: what CVS or Walgreens triple cartridges fit HeadBlade?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:04:36 AM »
YES! That's what I use. The CVS 3 cartridges. Get one of CVS's cards and you can sometimes get the blades "Buy one get one half off. That makes them $7.50 for 8 cartridges ! They fit the yellow adapter.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »
The original Head Blade (yellow) adaptor is made for the Gillette Atra cartridge. HB also makes a black adaptor that is for use with Gillette Sensor or Sensor Excel carts. When you are shopping for store brand carts remember that on the back of the package the manufacturer of the carts tells what kind of razor the carts will fit, all you have to do is check the back and see if the carts will fit Atra or Sensor.
In the Head Shaving area of the forum, which is where we are now, under a thread entitled "Full list of blades to use with the Head Blade" Tyler (the absolute Gawd of SBG) detailed which blades go with which adaptor. Check that out.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline dinosaur1

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:40:41 AM »
YES! That's what I use. The CVS 3 cartridges. Get one of CVS's cards and you can sometimes get the blades "Buy one get one half off. That makes them $7.50 for 8 cartridges ! They fit the yellow adapter.

Mikekoz13

I see 2 triple blade cartridges at CVS.

I think your talking about these right?
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=230565&productId=230565&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Did you ever try these?
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=368046&productId=368046&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »

Mikekoz13

I see 2 triple blade cartridges at CVS.

I think your talking about these right?
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=230565&productId=230565&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Did you ever try these?
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=368046&productId=368046&navAction=jump&navCount=3

The CVS-M3 (your second link) are the ones I use. They are excellent!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline dinosaur1

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »
For me at least triple blade cartridges have worked the best.  So far...and I don't know why....but the HeadBlade cartridges have been the best for me.  If these CVS blades work just the same then I will stick to those for sure.

The atra's and sensor excel's double blade's rip my head up....

I tried Gillete Fusion and they work awesome.  The Magnum M5's work nice and shave close, but for me they give me the worst razor bumps.....

Offline dinosaur1

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »
I keep reading that people have had great luck with the Fusion and also w/ the Mach3 Turbo.  I would be willing to try those since they both should fit on the Headblade.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
I keep reading that people have had great luck with the Fusion and also w/ the Mach3 Turbo.  I would be willing to try those since they both should fit on the Headblade.

The Fusion and Mach3 are NOT compatable with the HeadBlade, only blades that are compatable with Atra or Sensor can be used without extensive modification.