Author Topic: Please help me, I need help with the 'shadow'...  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Ryan_604

• Learning the way of Sly
Please help me, I need help with the 'shadow'...
« on: December 10, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »
Hello everyone!

I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata about 4 years ago ( 13 Years Old ) and I have always been teased even though I shave my head about the hair spots still showing. I use the Gillette Fusion Power and I was just wondering if it is possible with anything on the market to get my hair shaved all the way down so that the skin is the only thing seen and not the 'shadow' spots on my head. (I basically want my head to look like Mr. Cleans :) )

Thanks for your help!

- Ryan ( Vancouver, Canada )
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:56:33 PM by Ryan_604 »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Please help me, I need help with the 'shadow'...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 10:34:33 AM »
Hey Ryan, thanks for posting up.  My suggestion would be to read some of the shave routines on here to find and practice to find out which one works best for you.  Many of the guys find that if they shave both with and against the grain that they get a closer shave.  You'll also want to examine which shaving cream you're using as some guys have found they get a closer shave with some versus the other.

Post up your routine and we can help you modify it go get the closest shave.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »
I have found that two elements are necessary for me to get a shave that looks and feels close:
1) Softening the hair
2) Lubricating the skin
To this end I wash my head with, in my case, Old Spice Hair and Body Wash with conditioner. I use a Gillette nylon scrubber to really cleanse the skin. The conditioner seems to stay on the skin even after a rinse. Following this I use Shave Secret Oil (WalMart) while the dome is still wet and then on top of this I use either Head Slick or King of Shaves gel. I let this sit for a few minutes before I get to work with the Head Blade. I shave against the grain with the HB and then touch up any areas where I can feel stubble with the M5 Magnum. After shaving I use an exfoliator, Equate from WalMart IMO works just as well as St. Ives. I get a nice shiny and smooth dome this way.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline PowerBuilder

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:09 PM »
i bloody love my shadow. For a while i was a bit disappointed because of it...but after a bit of thought....i love it, it makes me...ME

Enter your email address: