Author Topic: 19 Year Old Going SLY  (Read 14056 times)

JOE-91

19 Year Old Going SLY
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm Joe, I'm 19 next month, I live in the UK and I have been losing my hair for about a year and a half. Up until 4 months ago I never even cared, I had been watching my temples recede but totally ignoring it, and it had no effect on my usual life whatsoever, I just thought when it gets past a certain point, get out the razor and go sly. Unfortunately though depression kicked in as I moved to university, left my girlfriend, and had to start new beginnings and I'm still suffering now. The sad thing is, this time it's not the thought of being bald alone that is getting me down, in fact, like I thought I would be I am ready for it and I have been buzzing my hair down for a while now but only recently have I taken it down to 0.5 with no guard.

The issue now, is the shape of my head, before I just assumed I had an alright shaped head because I have always been happy with my looks and done well with the girls and shaved my head to a number 2-3 previously in my younger years. It seems like a whole different ball game once you get past a certain coverage and I can't help but feel the big dip in my head looks terrible, and the back of my head is just too long.

So, I'm after your honest opinions, is it THAT bad? nobody has ever said anything about the shape of my head, and since having it this short I have done OK with girls, the only thing that I have had negative opinions on is solely the skinhead because people used to like my hair which has left me a little confused. Maybe people won't say anything about the shape? I have purposely taken bad pictures too, may as well be real.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:03:27 AM by JOE-91 »

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 19 Year Old Going SLY
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Joe! First of all....... a LOT of guys think they have bad shaped or odd shaped heads when they first shave. Remember... it's going to take a little time to get used to.

We always recommend keeping it shaved for 30 days so you can get used to the changes. Please keep us posted!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Joe. Dude, you have a great facial features and you totally rock the sly look. Just be your confident self and the chicks will be falling all over you. We all have something we may not particularly like about our dome, but trust me, nobody is even going to notice.  8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:04:34 PM »
Joe, welcome to SBG!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »
Right on man. Looks good and the shape of your head looks fine.  Don't worry about the ladies if you got them before you'll get them now.  Try the facial hair, so far the ladies love the facial hair. Good luck

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
Welcome Joe
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

JOE-91

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes and the positive comments guys, great community you got here. Anymore opinions on the head are appreciated because I am in two minds.

I am going fully bald next month when I go over to Egypt for a month or two by the way, I will be able to get a tan, and have my dad show me how to achieve the perfect the shaving routine haha. Before I go I will definitely be using the forums for tips and products to use on the new bald head.

Offline blech

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 05:53:57 AM »
Hey man, it looks legit!  Really.  In fact, thanks for posting these pictures.  I think we have about the same head shape (I've yet to take the plunge, unfortunately), and you've definitely boosted my confidence for when I shave my own head. 

Seriously, keep rockin it haha.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:10 AM »
Welcome, looks fine, enjoy.

Offline baldguynextdoor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
Hey man,

It looks great, and your head shape is fine.  I think you're just not used to seeing so much of the noggin yet. 

Just stick with it - you're rockin' the look!

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 12:30:51 PM »
Looks Great!  If you get a negative comment .. remember its cause they are jealous they cant pull it off.  Enjoy all of the benefits of being sly .. like having a better since of what the weather is!

Offline allegrodonfuoco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »
I think it looks amazing

GASlick

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »
Looks pretty good to me.

JOE-91

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments. I wish I could feel more positive myself, damn balding this young is a bitch.

jrppsuobx

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »
Looks great!

Enter your email address: