Author Topic: 19 Year Old Going SLY  (Read 14057 times)

Offline IanDangerGranger

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: 19 Year Old Going SLY
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
It looks good man. From a nineteen year who's going through the situation, I mean that.
I try to leave a good impression, but it's hard when my obsession's in a pint glass.

marty22

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »
you look great!

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »
The UK needs as many sly guys as it can get!! All the better when they really suit the look like you.

Just think....no more worries about receding hairlines. I have to grow mine back a bit to find out how far back the hairline has gone - and I don't do that often.

Keep up the good work.

Tony

Offline Kevin from OZ

• Sly Jr.
  • New to SLY
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »
Welcome Kent.
I think your head looks great.  O0 Remember, you are use to looking at yourself overall. Now you are just focusing on one small part of your look that is different. Don't focus on just the shape of your head, look at the complete picture. We can all be our own worst critic if we want to.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/091213/sampcc15c9b4be92a584.jpg[/img] [/url]

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 11:34:30 PM »
Kevin - Do you mean the OP Joe, or do you really mean me? I know the sly look takes a year or two off me, but to look 19 when I'm 43 would be quite impressive!!!  :)

Tony

Offline blech

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 12:01:10 PM »
Thanks for the positive comments. I wish I could feel more positive myself, damn balding this young is a bitch.

As someone who is going through the same thing, I can agree it's a HUGE bitch haha.  But also consider that it isn't really that much of a bitch compared to what it could be, you still look like a normal guy.  Honestly, you may get sh*t from friends and family for shaving your head (maybe), but I can honestly say as someone who does not know you (and is therefore not "used to" seeing you with hair) if i saw you walking down the street I would not think twice.  The only hurdle you're going to have is transitioning in the minds of the people you already know, which should be no huge deal.

I think if I were in your situation I'd feel relieved!

Offline Kevin from OZ

• Sly Jr.
  • New to SLY
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
Sorry about that. My post was for Joe, but you are looking good to Kent  8)
Just for the record I'm about to hit 45.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/091213/sampcc15c9b4be92a584.jpg[/img] [/url]

JOE-91

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »
I thought I should let you guys know that I threw the rest of my finasteride out today. I wish I didn't feel the need to but I sort of forced myself because:

- It causes me to have a brown patch on my head (whatever the f**k it is I don't know, it goes when I stop)
- Morning erections stopped (I used to have them every single morning)
- I suspect I had some brain fog when I first started on it

I'm scared about letting my aggressive mpb kick in, but hopefully it will be for the best!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »
I thought I should let you guys know that I threw the rest of my finasteride out today. I wish I didn't feel the need to but I sort of forced myself because:

- It causes me to have a brown patch on my head (whatever the f**k it is I don't know, it goes when I stop)
- Morning erections stopped (I used to have them every single morning)
- I suspect I had some brain fog when I first started on it

I'm scared about letting my aggressive mpb kick in, but hopefully it will be for the best!

Sometimes we, the SBG's, get the nicest part of our Holiday Spirit from a guy like you turning away from the drugs.  You're going natural, you're going to get in front of the mpb, and you will be in control in 2010.  Thanks for the good news--you made my day O0

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
That's good to hear Joe.
Remember, drugs are there to cure diseases, but MPB is not a disease (of course hair loss can be a sign of another illness).

When you accept MPB as the natural way your body works you will be able to deal with it in a rational way.

Ach du meine Nase!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR JOE ! 
Start the new year as a new bald man.  Let those little mpb genes do their thing and you will be far more popular than ever with confidence !  Good luck in 2010 !  --Stasiu

JOE-91

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »
I'm going over to egypt for a few months soon, and this is where I plan to put the sly shaving routine into action, fancy giving me a hand on what I will need to buy product wise? up to yet I have:

. Headlube moisturising lotion (matte)
. Gillette razors
. Generic suncream
. Hats
. Generic body moisturiser which i put on before bed

IS it worth buying a headblade? do they take any razors or do you have to buy theirs?

Any UK guys that know any internet sites that sell cheap shavers, possibly in bulk?

Thanks

Offline damnimbald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »
dont worry mann, im only 18 and getting bald il show you pictures when i shave mine,,and you look really good, honestly,, if you could give your email to chat would be grate cause im passing like the same path you have passed, im young and bald so i liked to talk with you.
Again you look very good

JOE-91

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 11:02:32 AM »
I have been left with some pretty damn nasty symptoms from my finasteride use. I should of listened to you guys.

Enter your email address: