Author Topic: pre-chrome dome hair appointments...  (Read 24332 times)

Slynito

Re: pre-chrome dome hair appointments...
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Yup, today is perfect for head shaving. Take it slow and enjoy the feeling when you're finished. I think I'll do it myself.
 O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Prior to shaving, if I wanted a traditional haircut I went to my childhood barber (whom I still go to when I want to shape up my facial hair and/or I let the sly dome grow out too far) When I got a special haircut (one with designs) I went to a guy on the other side of town (much to my family's dismay) Since going sly, I visit the barber once a month for camaraderie purposes ($10 bucks for a headshave and a beard trim). I've learned to shave my head more and visit barbershops less since joining.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Slynito

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05:46 PM »
I've heard that many barbers aren't shaving anymore because spreading blood born...and legal problems. And also to beware of the ones still shaving because of bacterial spread. I know many on here do it...Laura and Harry... I'd like to have a shave, but should I?
 O:O

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »
Slynito, as with many things in life.....It's enjoyable, but proceed at your own risk.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline devilsfan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »
Would go every 2 weeks to a stylist at $18 a pop plus tip to get the easiest professional cut they give.  Buzzcut with a #3.5 on top and #1 on the sides.  Looked great for first 4 days and then quickly would grow out that I couldn't wait to get it cut again.  Then bought an Andis and blades and started doing my own 3 years ago.  Today Head Blade and shave cream on the sides and a .00000 Andis clipper blade on top. Wonderful to control your own haircutting cycle and save a lot of $$ as well.  Would never go back to a stylist/barber as SLY for life.

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
from ages 1-18 went to my aunt at her barber shop and got a stylish cut where my bang was left longer so i could spike them. then at 18 I started buzzing it no gaurd, then at 19, BBC! O0

Offline lordpeich

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
I´m still going to the barber, I usually have a haircut likes my pic profile (spiked bang and top, and short sides and back) every 5 or 6 weeks. Usually for summer a 1# or 1,5# all over. One time I tried something similar to a long HnT. The two times I shaved my hair i did it at home, previous 0# buzzcut at barber (in Spain is not usually that the barbers shaves your head).

The last summer i bought a Philips clippers, and i buzzed my hair every week or two weeks during 6 months, but now i have long hair again.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »
From about 2004-2010, I went to the same barber shop to basically get a buzz cut with a chinstrap beard. At first, it was once a month, followed by twice a month. Due to easiness of my hairstyle, and the fact I used to go before church on Fridays, I was bounced from barber to barber in that place (a place where they enjoyed my nice tipping habits.) Working overnight in 2010 led me to buy my own clippers and grow a beard. At first, I kept some hair on the top of my head, until I went back to a buzz cut back in November. And in late January, I went sly!
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:03 PM »
As a teen, my dad made me go to a regular barber.  He was not in favor of long hair.  He was a conservative police officer.  Back then he had thought long hair was for rebellious hippie types.  Then my stepmom convinced him to let me try to be like the other kids.  So at that point, I sported a white man's afro....all without a perm!  That was courtesy of my stepmom's stylist.  When I went to college, I quit using a pic on my hair.  So it was more of a medium length.  At that point I went to Fantastic Sam's.  Later on, still going to Fantastic Sam's, I sported a mullet.....yikes!  That was short lived because when I was 30, I first noticed that the hair in the front was thinning.  After that it was to the barber for crewcuts.  Finally in 1997, I went to a Seattle Mariners game where they had Jay Buhner Buzz Cut Night.  You went sly to get into the ballgame for free.  Since then I pretty much have been sly with some very short times of growing it back!

Enter your email address: