Author Topic: pre-chrome dome hair appointments...  (Read 24332 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: pre-chrome dome hair appointments...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
my sister in law is a hair dresser so I would just always go to her.  But then it got to where I was trimming it short so I just did it at home.  But I would get it cut about every 3 weeks or so

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »

... even got a perm once because she wanted to do it.

OK, I'm going to need to see a photo of that perm!   ;D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »

... even got a perm once because she wanted to do it.

OK, I'm going to need to see a photo of that perm!   ;D

I'm not sure that any exist!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe I did that stupid crap! :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »
Hey Antimidas, I also went too Great Clips on Central and 694 area..Can`t remember the name of the mall it was in--But it was run by cute China Babes...I use too tell them too cut it any ole way they like since it was thinning and kinda ratty...Hair was usually shoulder length when i showed up there........always a big tip too  O0

Ha!  Every time I told them to cut it any way they liked, they would cut it just the same.  :)

Yeah ::Thats exactly what happened with me..!! But i knew there was only so much they could do with my thinning hair....I do remember telling them on a few occasions too just buzz it all off in hopes it might be some kind of improvement--and yes they did talk me out of it...
   Probably knew they would lose me as a customer and couldnt go on without my wit and humor every 4 months or so.........And they did talk me into a perm once__Was so glad it grew out and was gone........!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 01:35:20 AM »
When I was in my early 20s I either had a fade with my hair brushed to the side on the top, or a flattop.  I used to get it done once a month by a barber or a couple guys in my dorm that would cut hair.  The thing I hated about those hairstyles was that they grew out so freaking fast: they'd look great for a couple days and then they looked like they were growing out.  I didn't want to go more than once a month because that just seemed like too much of a hassle.  A 7 mile drive to my barber every week or so?  Scheduling an appointment every week or so?  Sheesh.  No thanks.

Then after college I started buzzing my own hair.  Standard buzzcuts were easy, but fades were hard.  I got the brilliant idea: if I cut my own fade I could keep it looking sharp indefinitely!  That required a halfhour haircut every other day.  Yes, that got old fast.  While buzzcuts are easy I didn't like the length on the back and sides so after two months of cutting a fade I went sly permanently.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »
My wife was a beautician, so I never set foot in a barber shop for 33 years.  After she got sick, I started going to a barber shop by the house.  They never cut my hair as well as Carol did.  After loosing the bet to my sly neighbor, the sly barber did the initial shave for me.    He was so pleased , he didn't even charge me.  Life is Good!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
Every 2-3 weeks...ship's barber (free)...or a base barber (should have went sly then).

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 06:13:55 AM »
About once every 4 weeks at the barber. He's a fun guy and I enjoyed talking with him. But then I moved to another town and at the same time decided I might as well buy clippers and buzz my hair myself. I have to say that between those monthly visits there were too many frustrating days trying to make my head look even half-decent.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 07:15:24 AM »
I used to go to my barber about 2 times a month to get a #2 or #1 buzz until he actually suggested that I have my head shaved. i haven't really made it beyond a #2 since that time. I am now shaving my head every day now since about a fortnight ago. On the "30-day rule" schedule, now & am 15 days into the process of accepting being bald on a permanent basis.
BaldBill

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 01:44:19 PM »
After I got married, my wife cut my hair. It usually worked out to about once a month. It was a relatively short cut. Now that I'm doing my own daily, it's no trouble at all.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »
When I was in the AF, at LEAST every two weeks, sometimes once a week.  $10-$20 a cut.  After, every two weeks, sometimes once a month with a minimum of $20.00 bucks a cut.  Barbers or Super Great Hair Clip Masters.  Even if I change out my blades on my HB once a week, it's still $8.00 a month vs $20-$40.  It was actually a "stylist" messing with my "thin spot" on the crown of my head that convinced me to go back to sly.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
went to a barber once every six weeks

Offline Chromeo

• Sly
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »
You name it, I've done it, including the perm thing.  :/O  Got my first flattop way back in 1986 and kept it for a few months and let it grow out.  Did the flattop grow out thing I don't know how many times until around 2001 and kept the flattop for the most part.  It wasn't too bad back then, I had a good barber that knew how to cut a good flattop, the chat was good and it wasn't too expensive, going about every two weeks.  In 2005 I did my first head shave, kept it for a few months and returned to the flattop.  Shaved it again in 2006, that only lasted for a week.  In 2009 I let a barber do the deed, reducing my overgrown flattop to SLY, that lasted for 4-5 months and I went back to the flattop.  So here we are today, SLY and loving it.  Will it last?  I hope so....   O0

Offline chaucer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 05:14:30 AM »
I'm still doing the weekly trips to the barber (or 10 days).  I can't seem to make the leap to sly!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
I'm still doing the weekly trips to the barber (or 10 days).  I can't seem to make the leap to sly!

5t*mp

It's time, like today!