Author Topic: shave head advice (remove or not mole on my back)  (Read 6497 times)

Offline pretorian

• Learning the way of Sly
shave head advice (remove or not mole on my back)
« on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »
Hi Guys,
I need and advice from you. Sometimes (not always) I like to shave my head ( I live in Brazil, is always very hot here, so I prefer to have always very short hair less than 3 mm always), but on my back I have 2 little moles.
One I'm sure 100% is a mole, the other one is a spot that I think is more like a little sebaceous cyst. At the beginning, when I shaved sometimes I cutted a little , now it happens no more. Anyway sometimes I think to remove them surgically but I don't know if is a good thing or not. What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance for any info

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: shave head advice (remove or not mole on my back)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »
If the mole bothers you get it removed , why not there is no down side to having it done.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
Have a dermatologist remove the mole and send it for biopsy, and check out the other spot as well. It is a painless procedure and over in a couple of minutes. Well worth the time.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:12:43 AM »
Mole and skin tag removal is easy. I've had lots of them in various places.  Not all that expensive to have done.  Much easier to deal with than nicking yourself all of the time.

Z

marty22

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
always remove moles!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 01:11:51 AM »
Like Magoo said, there's no down side to having it done.  Even the scar will match the surrounding skin better than some dark unless you have very dark skin.  What's the value in keeping it?  I had about a half dozen moles removed from the back of my neck when I was 18.  Prior to doing that people who cut my hair and then clipper-shaved the skin below my hairline would sometimes nick the little moles and make them bleed.  Even though I wouldn't feel it, what value do they serve?  They're ugly, more susceptible to cancer than other skin, and interfere with my grooming regimen.   For the past 18 or 19 years I have had to spend zip, zero, nada time thinking about those moles.

The removal was easy.  The doctor numbed the spot and scooped it out.  Once skin is numb it feels like it's been turned to ice when it's cut into, so the sensation actually feels like the doctor is taking a scoop out of frozen skin!

It's a little annoying how dermatologists would rather say "Oh it's OK, we'll just watch it" instead of cutting the thing out.  I had a small spot appear on my stomach and he gave me that answer to having it removed, and I said "Just remove it" and now I never have to wonder what it is or what it's doing.  Turns out it was just an ingrown or inflamed hair or something, but I like knowing that a suddenly-appearing spot is gone.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »
If its  troubling you  get it removed