Author Topic: How to use Clippers ?  (Read 5986 times)

Offline iCyborg

• Sly Guy in Training
How to use Clippers ?
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
Ok guys so I got my clippers today  :) (here is a pic http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=10732.msg182829#msg182829)

I got way too many accessories with it  :/O which is kind of confusing me! I was only looking for one simple machine... anyway since there is no documentation available with the clippers now I am searching on youtube to find some tutorial and felt to post a question here too. any help ???

I am looking to keep very short hairs (the shortest possible which as as per the seller is 35 mm)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:45:02 AM by iCyborg »

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
Re: How to use Clippers ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 04:38:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure you just turn them on and run them over your head.  O:O
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline iCyborg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 02:31:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure you just turn them on and run them over your head.  O:O

huh, just little worried if things don't go well  :XX then I will have to do some explaining to few ppl  :px

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »
Man!  That's a nice clipper!!

Yeah, not sure where you're at with the clippers....but assuming you're using them to clip down to a pre-scrape deal....I'd pop the lowest guard on there as the raw clipper can scratch a bit.  And move it along yer bean where the top of the clipper is like at a 20 or 25 degree angle to yer noggin (in other words, real close to the top of the clipper running flat across yer egg.)   And then just go all over yer pate at all angles over and over, feeling your way in the back, till you can tell it ain't cutting any more off.   Then yer ready to lather up and take a FUSION to it.

Hope that helps a little.

Offline iCyborg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
Aaah, I completely forgot about this thread,

anyway I used it, it was pretty easy actually and boy, it felt good  :)

I am keeping the smallest size (3mm) which is what I was looking for and I have decided to keep like this only, I won't shave it probably as i just want to get used to my ultra short hair. I will get some pics and post it tomorrow

Thanks to everyone

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 07:49:52 PM »
Just how big (or small) is 3mm?   :o
Isn't this like going to the edge of the pool and looking at the water?   :*))
Another thought, if 3mm is close to shaved, then you'd probably look bald from a distance, right?  So why spend all this money to look almost bald? ;D

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:03:41 AM »
Just how big (or small) is 3mm?   :o
Isn't this like going to the edge of the pool and looking at the water?   :*))
Another thought, if 3mm is close to shaved, then you'd probably look bald from a distance, right?  So why spend all this money to look almost bald? ;D

Oh Nonick, this must be one of the mysteries of life. 3mm or #1 is not even close to shaved, ask any completely sly guy here. It's the same thing with facial hair: stubble (designer or not) isn't clean shaved chin. Some actually do prefer the stubble look. Now how bald does a #1 trim look depends naturally on the hair color.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 06:05:08 AM »
Oh!   :o
So this is kind of the Jason Statham look (please let's not start another thread on him; one is sufficient!  ::)  )
So this is about what my wife would rather see  :Xo! :*)) :*))