Author Topic: A Woman's Opinion!  (Read 11033 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
A Woman's Opinion!
« on: March 01, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
I know we have kind of discussed this a bit before and i think any misconception of being bald being a problem with the ladies has been well and truly dispelled given that most of us arent single and have a pretty great collection of other halves.  Anyway this got me wondering what our partners thought.  SO I thought i would start a thread for partners of SBG's to post their thoughts on what they love about the bald soulmates.  Might take off, might not, unfortunately Em is out of the country at the moment in Germany so I can only have the idea rather than act on it, but anyhow lets see how it goes. 

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
Re: A Woman's Opinion!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »
OK!  I'm Mrs. Melon.  And all I can say about the DH's self-transformation is that I wish he had done it 10 years ago.  Not that he wasn't terrific just the way he was, but this has made him spiffier, more sociable, outgoing and high spirited.

I love it.  It was also fun for the first time in umpty-ump years of marriage to go Christmas shopping ad to know that he might actually WEAR the stuff I bought him instead of stuffing in a drawer for 20 years.  (Really.  I mean it: 20 years!).

There's nothing nicer than a clean, well tended bean!  Love the melon -- and thy guy in it!
Embrace the bald truth

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
great post Mrs. Melon.the prof is a very lucky man. my wife is away right now but i will see if i can get her to post something over the weekend. the wife and i made 9 yrs yesterday. i just hope we feel the same when we make it to 20 or more. one of the fondest memories of my grandparents is the one of my grandpa never leaving or entering the room without giving her a kiss and saying I LOVE YOU. too many times these days people go in to a marriage with the idea of divorce as an out. now i am not saying anything about age, but it seems as though Mr. and Mrs. melon are still lovers after the years. we younger folks can take a hint from an old fashioned love like that. bless you for many more happy years to come. PAUL

sorry about the drawn out sentiment.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »
Regardless of a spouse's decision, it is great when the better half gets behind him/her.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »
I would just like to say that women love confidence and bald guys definately are not lacking it!!! Beside that, there is just something about a sleek sexy sly that makes you wanna purrrrrrrr  :@`

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
I would just like to say that women love confidence and bald guys definately are not lacking it!!! Beside that, there is just something about a sleek sexy sly that makes you wanna purrrrrrrr  :@`

Oh the places that comment will take us all...  :@`

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »

Yes sir! I'll drink to that BRob!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline HotCajun

• Super Sly
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 05:36:49 PM »

;)  8)

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »
great post Mrs. Melon.the prof is a very lucky man. my wife is away right now but i will see if i can get her to post something over the weekend. the wife and i made 9 yrs yesterday. i just hope we feel the same when we make it to 20 or more. one of the fondest memories of my grandparents is the one of my grandpa never leaving or entering the room without giving her a kiss and saying I LOVE YOU. too many times these days people go in to a marriage with the idea of divorce as an out. now i am not saying anything about age, but it seems as though Mr. and Mrs. melon are still lovers after the years. we younger folks can take a hint from an old fashioned love like that. bless you for many more happy years to come. PAUL

sorry about the drawn out sentiment.

Don't apologize bro.  That was very well said.  I agree with you.  If there is one thing the wife and I have made a promise on it's to never end the day on a bad note.  We really get into it sometimes but we always end up apologizing quickly.  Most of the time right away because I usually end up laughing at her.  She doesn't get mad that often so when she does and snaps it's kind of funny to me.  Besides the make-up ummm....well, you know is always good.  We also make it a point to say "I love you" as much as possible.  You never know when they may be gone.  Anyway, she has always been behind me on everything...Well, as long as it wasn't a real crazy idea that she just knew for sure would end bad.  I know other wives can elborate on that statement.  But for the most part she stands behind me and this time was no different.  Plus like I've said before I had been clipping my hair for about 13 years before I went sly so it wasn't too much of a shock for her. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 02:38:38 AM »
Great posts Mrs. Melon, Paul, and Lance!!  I too try to make sure I tell my wife I love her every chance I get.  I always end my telephone conversation or IM conversation with an "I love you" even if I'm mad at her or she's mad at me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mrs. Meister

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
I too try to make sure I tell my wife I love her every chance I get.  I always end my telephone conversation or IM conversation with an "I love you" even if I'm mad at her or she's mad at me.

That's very good of you, Tyler.  I trust in 5, 10, 15, 20 years and beyond you maintain that.

...most of us...have a pretty great collection of other halves. 

I'll take that as a compliment, Argyle...thank you.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »

[/quote]

I don't practice polygamy, so I don't have a collection of other (aka better) halves. I have one, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Yes we do have our moments of discontent (what marriage doesn't), but all in all, Mrs. Schro rocks beyond compare!  :@` I definitely got the better end of the deal.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »

I don't practice polygamy, so I don't have a collection of other (aka better) halves. I have one, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Yes we do have our moments of discontent (what marriage doesn't), but all in all, Mrs. Schro rocks beyond compare!  :@` I definitely got the better end of the deal.

[/quote]

sounds like Schro married WAAAAAAAAAY up as well
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
My girlfriend wants me to grow my hair again. frigging woman.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:03 AM »
My girlfriend wants me to grow my hair again. frigging woman.

aye