Author Topic: Disadvantage: I HATE air conditioner  (Read 25246 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
Disadvantage: I HATE air conditioner
« on: June 21, 2009, 11:05:45 AM »
I already had several arguments with my sisters on the air conditioner. :Xo!
I don't sweat in the house and the air coming from air conditioner is just not pleasant anymore.
Anyone else feeling that way? :popo

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Disadvantage: I HATE air conditioner
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Obviously, you are not from the American Deep South .... It has been said, "Railroads opened the West; air conditioners opened the South."
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »
I love that feeling!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
I LOVE air conditioning
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »
I'm an air conditioning addict (I'm from the South).  My air conditioner comes on in early May and doesn't go off until November.

Red
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:56:04 PM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »
I already had several arguments with my sisters on the air conditioner. :Xo!
I don't sweat in the house and the air coming from air conditioner is just not pleasant anymore.
Anyone else feeling that way? :popo

No.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Disadvantage: Gotta have air conditioner
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:11:06 PM »
We have airconditioning here.  Gotta have it, especially from about June-September.  But technically we have central air..

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »
Big fan of air conditioning ....    I keep my windows frosted from May until September.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »
Air Conditioning definately on here in South Carolina but not afraid to go outside and sweat a bit. We keep ours on 78 degrees.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »
Obviously, you are not from the American Deep South .... It has been said, "Railroads opened the West; air conditioners opened the South."

CORRECT, you get the prize.  Our thermostats automatically go from heat to cool, and the a/c runs every month of the year.  From November to March, the heat may go on but only for a while.  Cold snaps last three or four days, then even in winter the temps go into the 70's, praise our lucky stars.  Heat going out, no big problem, A/C going out--that's big bad times.  We have temps of 98 predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday, but remember, add humidity of 70% and above--that's professional grade heat.  Twice a day showers are the norm, not an option.  It's a wonder to me how anyone was ever born in the deep south in the months of February to June before a/c--it's just too hard not to slip out of bed. >:D  If we move slow compared to our Northern brothers and friends, stop by in July and August and learn what real hot weather is.  You will slow down, or die.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
What is air conditioning?  I haven't lived in a home with A/C since 1999.  That's why I live where I live.  We only need A/C about 1 week a year.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
I have a 40inch industrial floor drying fan strapped to my living room window. It's all I need, I wouldn't need it if I didn't live on the top floor facing the sun.

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
Heat index was 111 yesterday here in Memphis... I LOVE THE AIR!!!!!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
What is air conditioning?  I haven't lived in a home with A/C since 1999.  That's why I live where I live.  We only need A/C about 1 week a year.

I'd love to live in Northern California, but it would cost me ten times what my power bill is to air condition my house during the summer in the difference of my mortgage.  :'(

When I moved to San Francisco in July 1988 I'd never been so cold in the summertime.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
Here in Richmond it gets pretty oppressive outside. The heat is berable, its the 70-90% humidity from july to mid september that will stop you in your tracks. If it were up to me though, AC usage would be determined day by day. some days i want to throw the windows up because its nice, but Mrs. Mvmnt loves the constant temperature, no matter what time of day.

Jus' dont seem right ta me.   :/O haha
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 10:29:58 PM »
Love the a/c... hope Obama won't regulate that too and tell me how cool I can keep it.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/