Author Topic: Disadvantage: I HATE air conditioner  (Read 25247 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Disadvantage: I HATE air conditioner
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »
I know... sheesh! I had some yard work to do today, but after half an hour I was done in.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 02:34:54 AM »
Oh dear GOD!!!  104????  and I thought the 28'C was bad yesterday.  I knew it was hot down there in LA, but DAMN!!!  Is that normal for there?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
Oh dear GOD!!!  104????  and I thought the 28'C was bad yesterday.  I knew it was hot down there in LA, but DAMN!!!  Is that normal for there?

Highest temperature ever recorded at Audubon Park.  But it has been hot, what that doesn't tell you is the humidity--serious tropical humidity.  It's only the end of June, if this portends for the future we're going to have one extremely hot summer--don't bring any sweaters!

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
Re: I LOVE air conditioning
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
I'm an air conditioning addict (I'm from the South).  My air conditioner comes on in early May and doesn't go off until November.

Red

ditto.

Gotta love the A.C!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »
I am from Canada and I need the AC would die if we didn't have it. Just walking from my house to my jeep sweat was rolling down my head.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »
I am from Canada and I need the AC would die if we didn't have it. Just walking from my house to my jeep sweat was rolling down my head.

YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
I actually broke down tonigth and turned on the downstairs A/C; I did not kick on the one for the second floor nor for the kitchen, but dang the den and downstairs bathroom felt good!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline agassi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »
i hate the ac feels like im going to freeze

Offline sq

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »
We are having a freaking heatwave - I think it hit 35 C here - so we actually have been using our AC, usually its decorative - Have to agree that the cold wind on the dome can be a wierd feeling

Huge advantage to bald though - quick cool down - put your head under the tap - run cold water for a few seconds - very refreshing - the other sly guy in the office does the same thing - damned easy ... only for the sly 

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
It has been around 50F for the drive to work in the morning which really gives you a tingly sensation all down your spine for the entire drive to work.  Unfortunately, I sit under the AC vent in the office and for the first time, I am understand the women complaining about the cold.  I am going to end up with wind burn.  Barely even made it over 70F today!  In July?!

But it certainly has cut back on sweating quite a bit.  Still too warm when I sleep because I am waking with my head sweating.  And tht is with leving all of the windows wide open.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2009, 12:02:45 AM »
Dang, AC on this is the time to apply a wet cloth and really cool down  O:O

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2009, 09:08:31 AM »
Ice cubes wrapped in a cool wet town around your neck.  Best tip I ever learned in the military for staying cool when it was over 100F.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Gotta love the A.C!
As railroads opened the West, so Air Conditioners opened the South !
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline RoRo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »
I may be 3 or 4 weeks late, but I'm happy I found this. I started shaving about a year ago and ever since I have, I get cold sooo easy. I'm a small, sort of skinny guy in the first place and I feel like the small amount of hair I had before helped a little with temperature, lol.

I'm in Michigan, so we only need air conditioner for about...3 or 4 months out the year, but I rather just drink ice water and sit in my underwear. Air conditioner = blah.

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM »
I'm in Rhode Island and only get a couple of weeks out of the year when I'd use the ac so I don't bother installing them anymore but would make sleeping at night more comfortable if I did.  Walking into an air conditioned store or room doesn't bother me though.

Enter your email address: