Author Topic: Thinking of shaving it real soon..  (Read 17199 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thinking of shaving it real soon..
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

And by the way, what's a matter with the late 30s?? :x!

There's a lot wrong with looking like you're in your late 30s when you're only in your late 20s.  Just as there's a lot wrong with looking like you're in your late 40s when you're in your late 30s.  Nobody who's of legal age wants to look 10 years older than they actually are.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 07:50:18 PM »
I agree with pburke (amazing isn't it?), do it now.  To hell with that little tramp, do it for you and you'll be a happier man.   O0
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
Welcome kristian! Good to see another Aussie at SBG.

Shave it now, man! You will look and feel years younger.  8)

Offline Dooj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 09:55:56 AM »
Hi Kristian, I se your a newbie like me! Welcome to SBG.  My  suggestion is to go take it off.  After I first shaved, I received compliments from female co workers that I should have shaved sooner because it made me  appear younger! If you don't like the way it looks what you have will grow back.

I wouldn't worry about the Britney thing at this point.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Dooj

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »
Take it off man!  You will never look back and wonder why you waited so long, especially when all the lay-days tell you look younger and way sexier.  You won't regret it, it is so much better than looking at your head and seeing what's left everyday.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »
welcome to SBG's Kristian! i'm new here also...and just took the plunge...i have to say..i like it! i was all the way slick on top at 26 and it sucked so i know where ya coming from...but i also remember when i had half left on top like yours and that i was very MISERABLE...i was afriad to go swimming...go out on a windy day etc...you know the deal.....basically i kept saying to myself "i can't wait till its all gone!"..once it was all gone on top it was much better and i stayed like that for the next 12 yrs.....i wish shaving heads was even somewhat in style back then..i would have done it then.

from your photos it looks like you got the perfect shaped head to rock the sly look..i also think it will make you look your age instead of 10yrs  older....make your hairdresser happy and make yourself happier! do it now bro....don't let brittany stand in your way.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline kristian

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »
Well its taken some time but, todays the day, there is no fighting it any longer. I stepped out of the shower the other morning and looked at the back of my head with a mirror for the first time in 10 years, its just as sparce as the front of my head.
I had no idea. Later that day I got to work and it was windy as all heck, walking from my car to my office had my hair all over the place and I must have looked like a crazy person to the others in the parking lot, putting my hands on my head and running through the lot avoiding the wind.

I have wanted to do this for many years, I started this thread when I first found this forum ages ago and was on the verge of total slyness,  I have a nice symetrical feeling head, with no bumps or strange growths or shapes, when my hair is wet and I pull it tight at the back of my head, it looks ok. I must add that I work in a very corporate environment and heard about 5 years ago someone got scolded by managment for shaving bald, but lately a few more people have done it and it seems ok,
also we are coming into summer real soon, so it seems like a great time to ease the scalp in to a hot Aussie sun.

Anyway I have the day off work and Im gonna go get a buzz cut and we'll take it from there.

Offline kristian

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »
Just a reminder. and current hair.

shakf

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »
Go for it mate!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »
Get the water hot, and a new blade--it's fine day to be Sly--you'll see what a pleasure shaving can be before the sun sets!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 04:35:14 PM »
Kristian, welcome back!  As the Nike slogan says - Just Do It!  You'll love it!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 07:23:20 PM »
kristian.....i'm late on this one.  wow....i noticed that this thread was dated back in feb. 2007.  man....it is already 8 months and u  r  still sitting on the fence.  i hope that u have done the deed & put a quality razor (fusion, mach3, hb) & scraped that noggin' smooooth.  anyways... hope u did the deed.  keep us posted & post some pics.  u won't regret it.  oh...and welcome 2 the sly fraternity. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 07:48:58 PM »
Kristian, I'm also late, although when this thread first started, I had never even heard of SBG's.  Hope that you have already done the deed and got on with things.  I know it is hard to make the leap sometimes, but obviously you want to do and there is really no reason why you shouldn't.  So, best of luck and let us know how it goes.  Look forward to seeing that nice, smooth, cleanly shaved dome.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline kristian

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 09:10:21 AM »
Iwent and got the number 1 buzz cut, I like it alot, my head shape looks good, I have decided I'm going to do the number 1 for a few weeks, then go to a 0, then it all comes off, wow even with a number 1 I feel great and look much better and way fresher.

Only negative was from my mother who said "you look like a serial killer..." but she was just kidding around and later said it was much better and that I should go sly.

Anyways, I will post more pics as I go.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »
Great to hear you like the "new" you.  Gotta warn ya though, now the urge to go sly is going to get stronger >:D
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost