Author Topic: why to avoid red meat  (Read 9188 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: why to avoid red meat
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »
Inspired me to cook a beef roast tonight
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »
Sugar and over-processed foods are the main problem in America....

If someone's a vegitarian or a red-meat-ophobe....and they drink or eat tons of sugary stuff....I pity the fool.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 10:02:42 AM »
I just read through this entire thread and (1) it's funny as hell (2) I'm hungry.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
Funny thread, but I'll admit that I'm not a red meat fan.  I can eat a great tasting steak and get bored halfway through.  "Bored" is the best word I can use to describe it too and it's the only food I eat that does that to me. I also find meat a nuisance in things that often have it like pasta, soups, and chili.  $@y

One of the things I don't like about red meat is that if you don't get quality stuff you're bound to get a chunk with a piece of fat in it that feels like chomping down on a chunk of rubber.

Oh and don't get me started on ham.  Good grief that's some nasty tasting stuff!  Why people insist on ruining a perfectly good piece of chicken by stuffing a nasty chunk of ham into it?

And fish?  I can feel my stomach churning.  Sea invertebrates?  More like sea cockroaches!

When I have control over what I eat it's always chicken or turkey, and I haven't gotten tired of either.  In fact I'm making some food with some cheap frozen chicken cubes right now.

Yea, you do.  You really do want to click on my link. :D
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
so i guess eating a steak with me would make you sick. i like mine rare. knock off his horns and wipe his nasty ass!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline crazy.irish.celt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 07:54:42 AM »
mmm.... Kobe beef :@`  A must-try at least once in your life.  Or tenderloin prepared by a renegade Jewish butcher.  Amazing.   O0