Author Topic: Electric Razor?  (Read 8701 times)

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
Electric Razor?
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
 :D So how's everyone doing on this fine Tuesday????

Anyone tried using an electric razor on their head??

If you have...any pros v cons

I have been using my mach 3 for a while and it seems like everytime I shave my head I have to use a new blade and that can get expensive.

If no one has tried it I think I am going to and will definetly write a review for you all.

Anyway...would appreciate any feedback you guys have.

Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Electric Razor?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:13:44 AM »
It has been done by several folks on here. Check out the Product Reviews for more info
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
sorry...I'll check that :/O

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:18:38 AM »
It's alright, happens to the best of us. Or so I'm told.....hehehehehe ;D
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »

It's alright, happens to the best of us. Or so I'm told.....hehehehehe ;D

Who?....Me?

nahhhhh

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:58 AM »
Kind of a bummer...only found one review.  Looks like I'll have to step up to the plate and finally contribute more than my questions. :x!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:30:41 AM »
Easy killer, just don't start bustin kneecaps, aight?

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
As the Incredible Hulk would say:::

"You wouldnt like me when I'm angry"  >:( @c3 :Xo!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »
I used to use an electric and I know that David still does.  I occasionally use mine if I'm in need of a touch up before going out and don't want to get all wet to do so.

Feel free to post up a review of the razor you use.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
Here is what I got via Phillips/Norelco while talking to an online sales/tech support:

Eva : Hello Joe, welcome to Norelco’s Live Customer Care Service. My name is Eva. I have received your question and thank you for contacting us.

Joe: Do you have any shavers that could be used to help shave your head...for bald guys

Eva : I understand your requirement and would like to assist you in this regard.

Joe: I am bald by choice and want to stop using a razor by choice

Eva : We understand that Norelco razors are sometimes used to shave the head and other parts of the body. Unfortunately we cannot recommend that particular use since our razors have only been tested and evaluated on facial hair.

Joe: Any specific ones?

Eva : Currently we do not have any razors that can be used on head.

Eva : I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

Joe: Has norelco ever thought of entering that market?

Eva : Joe, I would like to inform you that Norelco have never manufactured razors that can be used on head.
Joe: Okay...but are they considering it???

Eva : We do not have any information regarding it. However, I would suggest you to keep visiting our website for future request. I will surely forward your comments to the concerned department.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »
Do you think they outsourced their customer service?   :-\
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
Here is what I got via Phillips/Norelco while talking to an online sales/tech support:

Eva : Hello Joe, welcome to Norelco’s Live Customer Care Service. My name is Eva. I have received your question and thank you for contacting us.

Joe: Do you have any shavers that could be used to help shave your head...for bald guys

Eva : I understand your requirement and would like to assist you in this regard.

Joe: I am bald by choice and want to stop using a razor by choice

Eva : We understand that Norelco razors are sometimes used to shave the head and other parts of the body. Unfortunately we cannot recommend that particular use since our razors have only been tested and evaluated on facial hair.

Joe: Any specific ones?

Eva : Currently we do not have any razors that can be used on head.

Eva : I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

Joe: Has norelco ever thought of entering that market?

Eva : Joe, I would like to inform you that Norelco have never manufactured razors that can be used on head.
Joe: Okay...but are they considering it???

Eva : We do not have any information regarding it. However, I would suggest you to keep visiting our website for future request. I will surely forward your comments to the concerned department.

No offense, but this interview is a joke.     Now is the razor specifically designed for head shaving like the headblade?   No.

But I promise you their wet/dry cool skin series(used to be norelco advantage) works fine on your head.     Hair is hair lady.     

And it gets as smooth as i've ever gotten with a blade, minus any cuts from the blade grabbing the stubble too hard.

Edit: I also think they are missing out on a good market by not developing a specific dual ability razor(one that works well on the head and face).

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:42:09 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »
Couldnt agree with you both more!!!  That person was like the tech support idiot I spent 6 days going back and forth with Verizon DSL about...but that's a different story.

I called Braun as well and they told me the same thing, they dont manufacture anything for the head...
So I asked if there was someone I could talk to about the idea.  She told me to MAIL my comments to:

Patented Ideas Only
The Gillete Co
PO Box 720
Watertown, MA. 02472.

HMMM....yeah, let me tell Braun about a great idea I have about a new razor that could be used for the head...and let them make ALL the money!!!!

Offline kuper1869

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
just as an FYI I saw a head electric head razor in walmart. It looks like a ball and fits on your palm. It is made for the head shave. Check it out it is made by a company I never heard of.

Thanks
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »
awesome!!!  thanks for heads up Kuper...and I see your are relatively new like me so Welcome!