Author Topic: Tell me about your tattoos please  (Read 23252 times)

Offline Southworth14

• Sly Jr.
Re: Tell me about your tattoos please
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
I have got two tattoos and both are a foot long.  They are both full color.  The one on my right arm is a big American Flag with a bold eagle in the center with a Dragon and a Scorpion coming up from the bottom ready to fight.  On the top of the flag is a King Cobra.  The shoulder is capped with Jesus in color in a ray of sunshine capped by Cherubs in an oval shape.  On my left arm is an American Eagle rising from the Ashes with a coloful snake in his beak coming out of fire.  Above the flames is St. Micahel with a sword aimed at the snake ready to kill.  The shoulder is capped with a colorful cast rising into heaven.  I am really pleased with both.  I had no idea that I would ever have two tattoos that big, but those arms are sure getting attention with my sly look in a sleeveless shirt.

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »
Tatt

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 02:30:14 AM »
I've got 10 tattoos...4 of which are on my back. I got a large angel on my back to signify my aunt and uncle adopting me when I was 11 years old. The angel is a kind of guardian angel. I got the year 1993 in roman numerals at the very top and "EVALESCO" on my lower back, which is latin for "strong, will prevail"...because I grew up in a home with no father and a mom who was on drugs and jobless in Detroit. I'll see if I can attach a pic of it. I also have 3 tats on each arm...I have a tribal band on each arm and a shoulder piece on each arm. One is of two cherubs kissing with "hopeless romantic" in latin above...on the other shoulder I have a fallen angel with "fallen" written above it. I got the shoulder pieces to reflect the opposites in myself...when I go through periods of intense happiness and love..other times I feel deep loss and pain. I'm not sure if I have pics of the shoulder pieces.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
Nice Jason! O0

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
Thanks man!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline Rev Sly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »
I have 3 pieces of art. All Egyptian themed - I don't have any posted publicly yet. 1. Half sleeve on left arm. 2. Smaller piece on right arm. 3. Scorpion upper back at base of neck. Would love to have a couple of spider tattoos on each side of my neck but not enough cash flow. By the way - nice artwork.

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
Wow, can't believe I missed this one...
I've got 7 pieces now, and actually about to head out to get #8 and #9 done in a few mins and talk about colouring in my bio-mech leg piece.  Here are a few pics of what I have so far...

Anf the ones I'm getting today are...

So anyway, I'm off to get them done!!!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
I might have had i few beers when this happened    
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:41:05 PM by aarrggh »

Offline tyrspawn

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »

SPQR - Legio XV Eboracum Novum

Senate and the Republic of Rome - Legion 15, New York

Andreia, Sophia, Dikai[osyne], Sophrosyne  = Fortitude, Prudence, Justice, Temperance

MDCCLXXVI = 1776

Owl (Athena) on the Fasces (bundle of sticks surrounding an axe)= Wisdom dominating strength

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit = What virtue has joined death shall not separate

Holy symbol of the god of justice, Tyr. From D&D (yes, i'm a nerd).

Also on wrists = "Contra Mundum" against the world.

Symbol of Goddess Tanit, on the other arm symbol of the Goddess Ishtar (barely visible on the arm with the SPQR)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:54:03 AM by tyrspawn »

marty22

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 05:58:21 AM »
simply amazing. Jer: And I thought u were shy and sly.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
So that's what nerd tattoo's look like. 

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
I may need a case of Corona as I have no tatoos now but am considering doing the logo for my new apparel company: www.baldisbold.net. Here is the logo I will do but can't decide whether on back of head, upper back between shoulder blades or just on upper arm? And the color??? Any thoughts from the Sly Guys?
Bald Kahuna

marty22

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
back of head is a bit much but can be wild.  Go with the arms lst.

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
I would say back of head or upper back between shoulder blades.  keep it black as it is in the illustration; cool lookin. O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 08:20:35 PM »
I just got my new tattoo today! I was scheduled for two sittings but there was a cancellation after me today and my artist asked if I wanted to go for the whole thing.
Four hours later my entire lower left arm was tattooed with the "Werewolf of London"

It is way cool and my wife actually gasped with pleasure when she saw it.
It's very tendeer and swollen...... I'll post up some photos in a few days , after the redness and swelling are gone.

The Mrs. says I've been very expensive this week with the new tattoo and new Harley. LOL!! :*)) :*))
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields