Author Topic: 'Retro' games...  (Read 4600 times)

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
Re: 'Retro' games...
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:59:34 PM »
Super Nintendo was my favorite system of all time. I LOVE the game Act Raiser. I don't have a SNES anymore, but I still have an N64. That's pretty retro at this point, I guess. The graphics look horrible when compared to what is out now...but a fun game is a fun game. Not everything has to be 3-D with 4000 play hours required to beat it.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 02:45:37 AM »
Super Nintendo was my favorite system of all time. I LOVE the game Act Raiser. I don't have a SNES anymore, but I still have an N64. That's pretty retro at this point, I guess. The graphics look horrible when compared to what is out now...but a fun game is a fun game. Not everything has to be 3-D with 4000 play hours required to beat it.

That's very, very true!
We still have an N64 too.. a pikachu edition that was bought for the kids years ago. On the odd occasion that I let them have that out they still have lots of fun with it.
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »
I want one of those pong games.  I think my uncle still might have his, i dunno.  They were simple and fun.  lol
What about that ROCK'Em KNOCK'EM SOCK'EM Robots.....Robots in a ring together and you fight...when one gets hit in the chin  it makes their necks spring up.  Had one when I was a kid, found one for my son thinking he would enjoy it.  WRONG!  Most boring thing I have ever seen he said.  I said no way Logan...this was aways fun...So I sat down with him...well I quickly figured out why my memory of the game is only about 5 seconds long.....because that is about as long as I could handle sitting there playing the game.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
With an emulator, you can play a lot of retro games on your computer, even if you don't have the system anymore.  There are emulators for Atari, SNES, N64, etc.  Just do a little googling 8)

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 11:57:28 AM »
Strip Poker....played with real cards and real people........
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
Strip Poker....played with real cards and real people........
I don't need to see any of my friends nude.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »
I want one of those pong games.  I think my uncle still might have his, i dunno.  They were simple and fun.  lol
What about that ROCK'Em KNOCK'EM SOCK'EM Robots.....Robots in a ring together and you fight...when one gets hit in the chin  it makes their necks spring up.  Had one when I was a kid, found one for my son thinking he would enjoy it.  WRONG!  Most boring thing I have ever seen he said.  I said no way Logan...this was aways fun...So I sat down with him...well I quickly figured out why my memory of the game is only about 5 seconds long.....because that is about as long as I could handle sitting there playing the game.

k, that totally cracked me up!  :*))
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 07:36:30 AM »
Hell yeah...strip poker....wow..bad memories bad memories...lol